Chapter 34

The next few days had gone a little odd-- but this time, for Jungkook.

It would always be his obligation to wake Taehyung up, sometimes forcibly that would lead to the latter waking up crying. As annoying as it may sound, Jungkook had been used to it.

But now was another new thing for him to experience. Panic was the main reason in why he had woken up a bit too early. Waking up without Taehyung beside him was something he should be scared of. Did he escape after all they have been through?

"Fuck no," Jungkook growls, getting up from the bed as he quickly wore a shirt and loose sweatpants. "He better not escape from me, or else." He says to himself, his heavy steps echoing the hallways as he made his way downstairs.

It was silent at the living room- but before he can even yell for his name, the smell of a food being cooked invaded his nostrils. Jungkook paused because of this, sniffing the air as he hears a hum accompanying each sizzling noises.

"Taehyung." He says, making his way to the kitchen only to see Taehyung- back turned as he was busy cooking something.

Was he really seeing it right? Taehyung, cooking for him?

"Oh! Uhm, hi!" Taehyung jumps up a little in surprise. "I couldn't sleep anymore so.. I tried to make breakfast.." His cheeks tints into a light shade of pink, serving sunny side up eggs and a semi-burnt bacon.

Jungkook raises and eyebrow, doubting the male if he was acting all of this or if he was actually being geniune. Where was that old Taehyung who trembled pathetically whenever he was near?

But all of this soon died down when he was pushed to sit down on a vacant chair. "Come on, it's not that much but I just wanna.. Do something for you I guess." A smile formed across the brown haired male's lips, it was sweet and cute, it wasn't forced anymore and there were no tears forming in his eyes like the old times.

Taehyung, in the other hand- wasn't just acting this time. It was part of a plan. He knew if he would want to get out of here soon and be with his hyung, he should earn the male's trust.

Could be considered an act, though there was a small part of him that did it geniunely. The way Jungkook manhandled him last night was something he wouldn't forget. It was fully consented by him, and he was sure enjoying every moment of it.

Serving a hot mug of coffee beside Jungkook's plate, Taehyung takes another plate to eat aswell. His eyes glances repeatedly to the calm male, who looked like he was also chewing the food as if there was poison in it.

"I didn't poison that.." He blushed then again, eating the viand to prove it was not gonna be the death of him. Jungkook's shoulders slumps down- a little relieved as he began to eat without being too tensed.

"You should've told me you can cook like this." Jungkook chuckles. "By that, you wouldn't be crying over the leftover soup I fed you last time."

"Well, you can cook too.." Taehyung responds, staring at his own plateful of meal. "Besides, I made the bacon a little burnt.. I am not that good." He blushed, shy all of a sudden.

"I just didn't wanna wake you up because I'm hungry.." He says, hoping to be understood. Jungkook hums, pausing as he looks up at Taehyung.

"So it's like, you- showing me independency?" Taehyung dumbly nods his head, though he was hesitant but that was also one of the things he had wanted to prove.

That he can look after himself, he didn't need to be babied in a sick way.

But with such an answer comes an unpredictable reaction. Jungkook pounds his palm to the table, eyes completely filled with rage and possessiveness. "And who do you think you are to practice something like that? Don't you think you're being over the line?" He growls almost like a predator that was gonna attack his prey, eyes piercing through Taehyung's soul which made him shiver in fear.

Jungkook never failed to make him feel so little about himself- hopeless.

"N-no," Taehyung gulps, nervous as he looks away. "But that's we are ought to learn as time passes.. To be alone and independent." He spoke, wanting to stand up for himself even just this once. He knew that his plans would change a little upon earning Jungkook's trust- but his behaviour was becoming worst.

Upon speaking for his side, the tension thickens as the male infront of him became silent. It was a dreadful silence, it was never comfortable about it nor calm.

That was until Jungkook started to laugh. A laugh that was genuine yet forced, a smile that was contagious yet scary.

"You think.." Jungkook grumbled, right after he was satisfied from all the laughing he suddenly released. "You think being independent would make you brave?" He stood up, pausing as Taehyung gasps, breath becoming a little heavy and rigged when the male approaches the side of the table he was sitting in.

"Tell me.. Was being independent make you feel relieved?" His eyes stares intently to Taehyung again, with whom was itching to say yes yet was being bugged by how the male suddenly controlled him to say the opposite.

"I-It.. Doesn't.." Then there, his eyes wells up with tears again. His heart began to beat rapidly fast, and all of his happiness was washed away with the tear that ran down his rosy cheek.

It was Jungkook's turn to smile. "See, oh how poor can you be to be fooled by them.. By the nasty people who wanted you too.." He wipes the tears away, though they only repeated like a waterfall as Taehyung was now sobbing uncontrollably.

"You wanna know what's right in life?" He leans down, face a little close to the male who was shivering in fear. "It's that when someone that is independent will control someone incapable of it."

"Interesting, isn't it?" Jungkook smirks, "Well let's say.. You are that someone incapable and I am that independent person. This means you don't have to beg for independency if you have someone to act up for it."

"Please," Taehyung sobs. "S-stop.. Stop it Jungkook.." He whispers, looking down aswell as breaking their eye contact.

"I can't, Taehyung." Jungkook sighs. "It's because I love you."

Taehyung was stunned. He halts from letting out a sob, finally hearing the words he would rarely hear.

But it was the same as always. His eyes were.

Jungkook's eyes held no emotions, but was accompanied by a twisted smirk.

••••

I am so sorry for the month of waiting!
I was hella busy, but since school was indefinitely cancelled due to COVID, I am mostly staying inside my home and I am writing stuff❤💜

Take care everyone!!

Luvluv-A/n