Chapter 43

To my beloved readers/ggukies, I want you guys to know that this book portraits a toxic love between two characters and there would be consequences for that.

Enjoy reading <3

•••••

Hoseok parks his car the moment he spots a cabin just a few feet away. He was unsure if it was already the place they were looking for, but the house being in the middle of nowhere already made everything so suspicious.

"Stay close to me, okay?" He told his boyfriend, Jimin who stared at the house with worried eyes. "I can't risk the fact of you getting hurt, so it will be the best option for you to be cautious of whatever you do."

"I get it," Jimin quickly replied, unbuckling his seatbelt as he reaches for the door handle. "Please let's just.. Go and save Taehyung before it's too late."

"I promise we get him out of there." Hoseok grabs the loaded pistol from the little storage provided by the car, making sure it was ready for emergency purposes along with his handcuffs.

They both hopped out of the car, slowly making their way to the cabin though they were trying to adjust to their surroundings. They were engulf by the forest trees, as if they were trapped in the middle of a maze with a psychopath having Jimin's brother as the hostage. It was scary, but he has Hoseok to protect him and was the same person who promised to capture Jungkook once and for all.

The cold gush of wind passes the two as they took big quiet steps to the creaky front porch, peeking through the windows though they were blocked by curtains. One look and it could deceive people by thinking it was a private rest house, or maybe some sort of vacation booth that only a few knew about.

But in this case, the innocent cabin may have sheltered Taehyung along with his psychotic captor.

"Remember what I said, Jimin." Hoseok muttered before balling his hands lightly, using it to knock on the door.

There was no response at the first attempt. Hoseok sighs, shaking his head before knocking a little bit louder this time. "Whoever is inside, open up." There was no time for playing around. They came for an urgent rescue but making sure that it doesn't belong to innocent civilians should be their top priority.

Jimin furrows his eyebrows after one good minute passed by. No one was probably home- specifically to answer their sudden call. "Should.. We go in instead? I'm sure this is where he kept Taehyung. The cellphone location took us here and you know that." He impatiently tapped his shoe on the ground, though Hoseok understood his part as his brother's life was being toyed around Jungkook's manipulative hands.

Even so, a faint thud was heard behind the door. It sounded like someone was going downstairs- the tension between him and Hoseok thickens the moment the footsteps stops behind the door they were facing.

They watched how the door knob shakes for a second before the barrier was swung open- instantly revealing the man they have been looking for.

Jungkook. His eyes were blank, lips pursed tight as his gaze falls upon Hoseok who glanced at his boyfriend who immediately retreated to hide behind him.

"It-It's him." Jimin blurts out to give confirmation, the traumatizing scene from the hospital coming back to lie as he avoided Jungkook's scary gaze. He didn't expect himself to react this way yet the same man left a scar inside his mind that surely made his behaviour change even to the slightest.