Seven Years

Chapter 7

Seven Years

Stiles' driving was a lot better than it was on the way to the school. In all fairness, his friends were not in life-threatening danger this time. All he was doing was driving Jamie to the motel that she and her sister were staying at.

So, there were no lives in danger. Except for the interior of Stiles' car, because even though his driving was a lot better, if he took a turn like that again, she would puke.

When they finally pulled up outside, Derek hopped out of the passenger seat and lowered it so Jamie could climb out.

Stiles made a move to get out of the car himself as she stumbled out, but Derek snapped his head over to the driver and growled, "Stay here."

"Ah- wha- I just- I drove here!" he argued.

"Stiles," Jamie sighed in annoyance, pain, and nausea while lifting the passenger seat back up and moving to close the door, "just stay put." And then she slammed the door shut.

Jamie led Derek to room 18 of The Pines Motel where she and Olivia were staying, ignoring the pounding in her head with each step.

She opened the door and walked in.

"Honey," she shouted jokingly as Derek made his way in behind her, shutting the door behind himself, "I'm home!"

Olivia's head was in the fridge that was in the room, so all Jamie got was a muffled, "Okay!"

"I come bearing guests and injuries," she joked, heading to the bathroom to grab their rather extensive first aid kit and some meds-- pain reliever and anti-nausea.

She dry-swallowed both before kneeling down and opening the cabinet under the sink.

Digging through the cabinet she glanced out the door to where Derek was uncomfortably standing, looking around the room rather than talking to her sister, who's head was still in the fridge.

"Derek," Jamie said, finally managing to get the kit from behind the towels (and grabbing one of those as well), "you've met my sister before. She's going by Olivia right now. Olivia, Derek Hale, who you said you knew."

As Oliva lifted her head so fast she smacked it against the inside of the fridge, Jamie muttered to herself, "I'm the only person who hadn't known him and yet I'm the one doing the introductions?"

Derek shot her a look as she walked out of the bathroom and headed to the beds, plopping both herself and the kit on the bed and digging her phone out to use the front-facing camera as a mirror.

Olivia had, after rubbing her head for a moment, crossed the room in three quick strides and embraced Derek in what could only be referred to as a bear-hug.

If the dude hadn't been supernatural, Jamie would have feared for broken ribs. As it was, he was sure to have at least some bruising, though it would probably heal within a few hours.

She knew that they knew each other, but she clearly had not been made aware of the extent to which the relationship was.

She'd been thinking more acquaintances, maybe family friends, but there was definitely less 'I'm-Gonna-Squeeze-the-Life-Out-of-You' in her head.

She ignored them for the moment in favor of propping her phone against the lamp on the bedside table and began using the towel to wipe off the blood left on her head from earlier.

When she couldn't get any more off while the towel was dry, she put hydrogen peroxide on a corner of the towel and kept cleaning her face up. Both this towel and her clothes were going to have to get burned; she could never wear that outfit again.