Chapter Three

"Kane, please stop." I was scared now as we reached what I was going to call my bedroom.

He slammed the door behind himself before throwing me onto a couch in the room. He stood, towering over me with an intense glare. I knew I'd been pushing his buttons, but this wasn't really fair. I'd barely had more than a few hours to adjust. He needed to be more sympathetic.

"Listen, closely." He said to me. "Your attitude will not be tolerated. You will address me when you speak to me. You will not shout or talk back again, today. I will beat your ass anywhere in my house that you decide to act up. Be careful."

"That's not fair." He shot a hand out and popped me in the mouth, not hard, but enough to scare me into crying. "Stop!"

He simply sat down on the couch next to me and watched as the professional and tough shell I'd been trying to keep up slowly cracked. My composure started to dissolve. I sniffled and bit my lip, standing up in an attempt to make myself feel more in control.

He pulled me back down. I let out a frustrated growl and tried to shove his hand off of me. No use as he pulled me onto his lap.

"I understand this is new and scary, but you're going to smarten up. You have today to be a brat and that is it." He told me. "Are you sad?"

I didn't want to answer him. I was obviously sad. I'd just lost all control I'd ever had over my own life. It wasn't really fair of anyone to expect otherwise. I didn't know if I'd ever get to see my friends again, which was sad. Of course I was sad.

Kane kept talking to me. Asking if I was angry or scared, which I was but I didn't tell him. Then he told me that I didn't need to be scared, that he'd never do anything to hurt me and I belonged to him.

He said later I could control my everyday outfits, to a point and that we'd go shopping soon. He told me that if was really good, we'd go out for dinners and that he'd take me to work with him if I didn't have school.

I calmed down. He never asked if I was embarrassed. He simply told me he understood if I was uncomfortable, but that I needed to properly express these feelings without being a brat.

"I'm fine now. Sorry." I said to him.

"Good." He set me on my feet and stood up. "You will stay in your room until I come and get you. I have purchased a new phone and laptop for you. Set these up before I come back. Wifi passwords are on a paper. There is also a list of expectations and rules printed out. Read it."

"Oh. Thank you, sir." I smiled at him now, my previous anger fading into shock and excitement at receiving new gifts.

"Give Daddy a kiss goodbye, darling." Kane ordered, making me turn scarlet.

I did not know how to kiss. I managed to walk myself over to him and peck him on the lips. He smiled and gave me a gentle and comforting hug before closing the door behind him. I did not hear it lock which made me happy.

The things he'd told me about were placed on the desk. The room I was given was huge. Marble floors and my bed was on a raised platform. There was floor to ceiling windows at the end of the giant room where a small seating area was set up where I'd already cried in. A desk was set up in a corner surrounded by a bookshelf. There was the bathroom I'd gone in which matched the rest of the room. It was quite luxurious and told me just how much money Kane really had if this was his house.

I set up the rose gold MacBook and pink iPhone. Both were the latest models if I was remembering correctly. The day was going to be long if I had to be cooped up all alone in such a big room.

I didn't mind. I decided to look in the closet. It was walk-in, which I felt bad for expecting. Not a lot of clothes. Only enough for this weekend. The outfit I had on matched the colour scheme. A black sparkly dress and pink floral dress hung neatly in the closet with a set of pink silk pyjamas. Lace underwear and a lingerie set were placed neatly in a drawer. That was all I could find. I was not upset. That was all I would need for now.

I decided to make the bed that I'd spent my night here sleeping in. Once that was done I played games on my phone until I became bored. Then I watched some YouTube and then I checked my syllabus and started to get ahead on an assignment. I decided I'd learn a TikTok dance seeing as I really had nothing better to be doing at this point.

I perfected it and made a video. I didn't post it. I probably never would.

"Violet." Kane called my name before seeing me spread out on my stomach on the bed and smiling. "We are going to dinner tonight. The black dress in your closet, go put it on."

I said yes sir and went into the closet. When I came out he was talking to a lady with long hair and a lot of makeup. She smiled at me.

He'd hired a makeup artist for dinner?

I didn't argue and let the lady get to work. All the while memorizing everything she was doing so that I'd be able to do it for myself. The lady did my hair in simple curls before leaving without another word.

Kane came back and I somehow felt relieve he was here instead of the stranger.

He handed me a set of black heels and I put them on. A black clutch with diamond earrings were also shoved in my direction which kind of made me smile. Then, he picked me up and we left the room and went to his car.

"Speak only when spoken to." Kane ordered. "If you're not sure, look at me. You'll stay by my side the entire evening. Things like this should die down soon, so don't worry."

"Yes, sir." I nodded my head at what he'd told me.

"You look very beautiful this evening, again." He told me as the cat started.