Chapter Eight

He woke me up gently at seven with instructions to get dressed. We were going for breakfast before going to the mall. The same rules applied.

I put the grey, leopard print, denim skirt on with the orangey-pink sweater he'd laid out. It looked better with the front tucked in slightly. I curled my hair loosely and put on a tiny bit of makeup. I applied some cheap perfume I still had from the night of the ceremony. I slipped my feet into the comfortable mules he'd paired with the outfit and left my room.

I headed to the front door where he was waiting. He was dressed the most casual I'd ever seen. A pair of jeans with a button up v-neck top and a tweed jacket over top. He wore a pair of loafers and had his hair combed back. He handed me white, corduroy jacket with brown buttons on it and watched as I slipped it on.

"You look very sweet." He told me with a kiss on the cheek as I walked through the door he held open for me.

I blushed.

I followed him out the car. I couldn't help but stare at him. He looked like he knew a lot about clothes and style. Kane was hot on unearthly levels. He helped me in before getting himself situated.

"You will pick out a wedding ring today. Anything you want." He told me, nearly ruining the mood I was in. "I think a ceremony for the marriage might help solidify things for you."

"I don't want that." I told him.

"I don't fucking give a shit what you want surrounding that topic, Violet." He wasn't angry yet. "You're my wife and there is nothing else about the fact. For breakfast, you may tell me what you want. Do not speak with the waiter."

"That isn't fair, Kane! I can order for myself!" I was almost about to spoil this for myself.

The car came to a screeching halt at the side of the road. A fistful of my hair was grabbed and yanked. I was very close to his face now.

"You do not call me that!" He growled, making me start to tear up. "You are the submissive and you will do as told. Once more, my name comes out of that mouth and your ass is fucking mine. Clear?!"

"Yes, sir!" I squeaked.

He let me go and I quickly tried to wipe the tears from my face. I knew something was going to go wrong today. I just knew it!

"I'm sorry." I muttered quietly, staring at my hands in my lap.

I knew offering an apology was better than not speaking right now.

"Who are you speaking to, Violet?" He was going to be this way.

"You, sir." I bit my lip.

"Who am I, Violet?" He was not smiling now, but looked almost annoyed.

"What do you want me to call you if I can't use your name?!" I finally let it out, a few tears falling now.

"Daddy or sir." He deadpanned. "I've told you before."

I complied and let him drive us the rest of the way to breakfast in silence. He didn't flick the radio on. A tissue was placed in my lap and I used it to clean myself up.

Breakfast was awkward. The waiter would speak to me and I would simply look at Kane. He would speak for me. When I was full he still made me take three more bites as if I were a child. When we left he'd squeezed my ass as a reminder to keep my mouth shut.

The drive to the mall was better. He was trying to put me back in a good mood again. I decided I might as well let him.

When we got there he came and opened my door, taking my hand in his. I was not to let go until he let go of my hand. I was not to talk to anybody besides him. I just needed to be good.

"We can get pyjamas and bathing suits first, just to get it out of the way." He decided. "Sound alright?"

"Yes, daddy." I agreed, knowing he preferred that one over sir.

He smiled at me before taking me into a store. A lady quickly came over and he gave her a list of colours to go from. She knew right away that I wasn't going to be speaking with her. She talked to Kane and began grabbing a few bikinis for me.

He liked me in pinks, oranges, yellows and reds from what I could tell.

I tried them on quickly while he scrutinized them all. Five out of twelve were up to what he thought was good enough. He carried the bag for me and took my hand again.

"Are you happy with those?" He asked me. "You can tell me when you aren't interested in something. You are the one wearing it."

"Yes, sir. Thank you." I smiled at him now. "I really like the pink one with the ruffles. It's so cute, don't you think?"

"Yes." He smiled at me.

We finished up rather quickly except for the fact that he wouldn't let me buy anything unless I could pair it with something we already had or that was in the store. A lot of jeans and a lot of random tops were purchased. I could mix and match almost everything. By about noon, I was hungry and kind of tired but we still needed to buy that stupid ring.

"That shirt is nice." He said when I came out of the dressing room. "Is that the last thing?"

"Yes, sir. I'm getting tired." I told him. "Can we eat or something before getting the ring?"

"Yes, darling. Get changed and we can a smoothie." He decided.

I did as told. He bought me a strawberry and mango smoothie and let me drink it while we sat down. He had somebody bring our bags out to the car after each store which made me wonder if people here knew who he was.

The smoothie was good, but I was still tired. I didn't feel like shopping anymore, but I knew I didn't have an option.