•5•

Raihan was shaken awake by his best friend Leon, the purple haired male shouting in his ear about someone. The dragon Tamer simply ignored his screaming, pressing his head deeper into the pillow in hopes of drowning out the sounds.

"Raihan! Today is the first day of the Gym Challenge! We can't miss this!"

Raihan was up in a flash, throwing on some new clothes and shoving Leon out the door. The male nearly ripped his sweater off his nightstand, causing a picture to fall off and land on the carpeted floor below.

Worried he might have broken the frame, Raihan lifted the picture and examined the photograph. It was a picture of his partner Tranpinch when he first caught it, the orange Pokémon sitting happily on the boys lap. Behind him was his oldest friend, (y/n).

They had one day suddenly stop texting; and whether that was because she had broken her phone or moved on, he didn't know. But he would never forget the way he felt around her, how only she could ever make him feel truly happy just doing nothing.

Oh how he missed those simpler times with her.

Raihan's phone buzzed as it's alarm went off, signalling that the Gym Challenge ceremony was about to begin. Rushing out of his tower and into the streets of Hammerlocke, the male called upon his trusty partner Flygon, the dragon type letting out a cry of excitement.

After hoping onto his Pokémon, they took flight. Raihan's crystal blue eyes scanned the ground as everything got smaller, but he couldn't help but focus on his old friends house.

Shaking his head, Raihan focused on the flight ahead. He wasn't sure why his head was so full of old memories that day, but he needed to focus now.

Raihan approached Motosoke fast, his trusty Flygon swerving through the sky at fast speeds. The male picked up on other trainers flying to the Stadium last minute, the variety of Pokémon making him smirk. Maybe he'd finally have some competition this year.

Stepping into the locker room with all the other gym leaders, he took a deep breath, pulling out his phone and passing the tone by looking at some new posts.

Of course, the cheering of the arena and the sound of the chairmans announcements were the cue for the leaders to walk out. Raihan stood on the very edge or the group, his crystal blue eyes still locked on his phone.

(Y/n) was shuddering with anticipation as she settled in the locker rooms with all the other challengers. Fixing the dragon necklace she was given oh so long ago, her eyes sparkled as she looked around the room of challengers. She had been looking forward for a brand new challenge, although she felt bad about the fact that her Pokémon may plummet through the first few gym leaders. But that's what had to happen if she wished to become stronger.

The staff had let everyone know when to walk out, and to stay in a close enough group so they didn't cause too much disorientation among the viewers, but (y/n) didn't listen, not when her heart was pounding in her throat.

She walked though the dark tunnel with strong strides, her confidence of a champion showing. But all that confidence crumbled away when she saw the thousands of people in the stands, looking down at her number.

Number 000, (y/n) (l/n).

She didn't need to listen closely to the Chairman's words, mostly because his voice was mixed in with the crowds loud cheering. She walked forwards nervously, only stopping when the Gym Leaders had begun walking out into the field.