•8•

"Piers, you've got some pretty unique battle style if I say so." (Y/n) said as she walked through the small town of Spikemuth.

She had been genuinely surprised when he couldn't Gigantimax his Pokémon, but yet proudly showed how he could still do some damage despite that. The older gym leader was glad someone had appreciated his hard work, even offering to walk the girl out of Spikemuth since he didn't have any new challengers just yet.

"It's only because of the location, but despite that I really try my best." He said with all honesty.

"I get that. Back in Sinnoh, there was nothing such as Dynamaxing, so it was just pure love and strength of a Pokémon that pulled me through." (Y/n) smiled as she felt the Pokéball on her hip shake. Undoubtedly it was Garchomp who was the one shaking, almost as if to tell her it was there.

The two had reached the edge of the Dark-Type themed city, thus leaving their conversation for another day.

"Thank you once again for the great battle (y/n). Please stop by again so I can show you how I've improved." Piers said with his usual smile. The girl smiled, nodding her head before walking out of the city.

She walked though the tunnel that lead straight to Hammerlocke, her strides long and firm as she made her way forwards. (Y/n) had made sure as to leave a day to herself before she challenged Raihan, after all she had defeated Piers a day ahead of all the other remaining challengers. So when she challenged Raihan, she would help him remember her.

Speaking of the Dragon Tamer, Raihan stared at the most recent clip of the girl beating Piers. Her Scizor made quick work of all his Pokémon, and it was foolish of Raihan to think his battle with the girl would be easy. But that wasn't the only thing on his mind.

The girls identity seemed to clash in his head, whether she was just some random stranger; which he highly doubted, or his childhood friend and crush (y/n). He would admit, his heart leaped whenever he would get a glance at her, and he wondered if maybe she felt the same way.

After the clip finished, an advertisement played by one of the Challenges sponsors, where Raihan got an idea. He turned on his phone and clicked on the name 'princess'. The male waited as the rings followed though, an angelic voice answering on the other line.

(Y/n) had just been thinking of calling Raihan, but his caller ID had popped up on her screen, causing her to jump. She quickly answered it, not wasting anymore time.

"Raihan! It's good to hear from you again!" (Y/n) said, leaning against a wall of the Inn she was staying in.

"Hey Princess, I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up with a friend of mine at this restaurant in town tonight. Only if you're up to it of course." Raihan said cooly, but his heart was a pacing mess, and his cheeks were flushed as he spoke to her.

"I'd love to go with you Raihan. I'll meet you in front of the Hammerlocke Stadium, ok?" (Y/n) replied.

"That sounds perfect! I'll see you soon." And with that, the two hung up, both throwing on some actual decent clothes. No more hoodie for Raihan, instead, he wore a white collared shirt, with black dress pants to match. A fancy pair of black shoes, and removing his headband, put his hair into a cute little pony tail per usual.

Flygon has perked his head up when he heard it's friend shuffle around, but when it saw that look in his eye, he knew immediately what was up.