•10•

The wild area had been quiet for a while, the swaying of leaves and the howl of wind the only thing accompanying the wild Pokémon. The walls of the area seemed to sing a lonely song as two people stepped onto the grass, their childhood leading them to a sacred place.

Raihan had uncovered (y/n)'s identity about a week ago, and ever since then he hasn't let her go far. Inviting her to meals prepared by him or some fancy restaurant that the two enjoyed. Conversation of the two sent echoes across the endless hills, and Pokémon's heads perked up to see what the sounds were all about.

"After you left, Leon was crying for days, not to mention Sonia too." Raihan chuckled, leading the way to their old meetup spot.

"Sonia actually recognized me when you invited us to the restaurant last week, and Leon, how has he been doing? I visited his house but he wasn't there." (Y/n) was curious about where all her old friends had gone. Although she didn't know Leon and Sonia for as long as Raihan, they were still pretty close to her.

"Leon? He's the champion here." Raihan said like it was the simplest thing in the world. (Y/n) nearly tripped over a rock, only to have Raihan grab onto her wrist for support.

"The champion? How on earth did he manage that?" She nearly screeched.

Raihan smirked at her disbelief. "He's actually pretty strong, went down to the Isle Of Armour for a bit before finally starting the gym challenge. Destroyed my team in the semifinals, and that's where the previous gym leader saw my potential and guided me to become the Gym leader." His mind replayed the scene of where his Pokémon had gotten beaten by Leon's powerful team. It was brutal, his Charizard easily knocking out his Durladon while looking majestic, but as those thoughts occupied his mind, Raihan failed to notice the female walk up to him and wrap her arms around him.

"Rai? I have to admit something..." (y/n) said, catching the males attention. Raihan returned the embrace, looking up to the shade of the tree the two now stood under.

"You can tell me anything dear."

The girl let out a sigh of content, releasing Raihan from her hug and sitting on the grass under the tree. This was the place where they first met, where they met Flygon. Where they first fell in love.

"I...Beat the champion of the Sinnoh Region." (Y/n) mumbled, cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

Raihan's eyes widened, when had his best friend become so...powerful?

"I let Cynthia be my replacement for the time I'm here, so I could find you."

Raihan felt pride swell up in his heart. His (y/n) had followed her dreams, and got even farther than she expected. The blue eyes male let his hand fall on top of the girls and intertwining their fingers together. He then proceeded to fall back, bringing (y/n) down with them.

Falling on top, (y/n)'s face was flushed as she straddled Raihan.

"(Y/n), I'm glad it was you I fell in love with." He said. " and I'm so proud of you, for how far you've come, from the things you have learned."

"But we still have lots to learn Raihan, starting with...." (y/n) dipper her head down, her mouth connecting to the males neck. He felt a shiver go down his spine as he closed his eyes, only focusing on her.