Thirtieth birthday.

Taylor.

My thirtieth birthday went really well. I threw a party to my friends and family. It was not as big a party as the ones before but somehow it seemed more precious and special.

My ringing phone woke me up ten minutes past midnight. Flashing on the phone screen was the face of the best friend I have ever had, my boyfriend, Joe. I saw that he had already called four times before but missed.

I received the phone saying, "Hello?"

"Hey!! Birthday girl is up!! Happiest Thirtieth Birthday, baby.", Joe's enthusiastic voice made a smile spread across my face.

"Thank you!"

"I am really sorry for waking you up, you know? I just wanted to be the first to wish you. I love you sooo much."

If it's possible, my smile became wider. I said, "I love you very much too. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to call. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome. I will call you later okay. Bye. I love you."

"Bye."

I cut the phone, with a smile plastered over my face.

"Happiest Thirtieth Birthday, Darling", I whispered to myself. It felt a little silly but I had been wishing myself since I was like twelve or thirteen.

I almost went back to sleep when the phone rang again. It was my mother.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart."

"Thank you. When will you come here?"

"I'll be there by ten in the morning."

"Okay."

"I thought you would be awake. So I called."

"I was awake."

"Uh uh. Go back to sleep if you can."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye."

As much as I tried however I could not sleep. I went to the internet. It's scary there but sweet too.

There were lots of comments and posts and other things wishing me happy birthday on various social media platforms. I can't deny that it made me feel like I am at heaven. My fans mean so much to me. They are the reason I am still doing what I do.

A knock on the door startled me. It must be my housekeeper, Helen. I adore her. She is like a sister to me.

"Come in." I said.

Helen entered wearing a night robe. She is short and extremely pale and has straight dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is almost like a life sized doll.

"Mr Alwyn is here. Should we let him in?"

"Of course you should! Did he arrive just now?"

"Yes."

"Why aren't you letting him in?"

The phone rang again. It was Joe. I did not receive it.

"Why?" I repeated.

"It's your birthday. There might be security risk. You told us to not let anyone in without prior permission."

"Oh. Right." I smiled.

"Anyways, Happy Birthday." she said.

"Thank you! And tell them to let him in now."

She went out closing the door behind her.

I quickly got dressed and rinsed my mouth and face. Then I ran downstairs.

Joe was already in the living room. I have known him for more than three years but he still gives me butterflies sometimes.

I went to him and wrapped my arms around him. He is tall, blonde, smart, handsome and sweet. "Happy Birthday.", he whispered in my ear.

I looked at the big wall clock hanging in the wall. It was a gift from a fan. It is really beautiful. It was two am.

"Why are you here?"

He handed me a small box wrapped in gift paper. Then he said, "I need to tell you something."

"What?", I could feel my increasingly heartbeat.

"Your father and I were together yesterday."

"Really? Why?"

"He wanted to go to the hospital. And he did not want you to know."

"What?"

"Don't worry. He just had a very high fever. But later he fell down the stairs and broke his leg. I was with him in the hospital now just a few kilometres away. So, I decided to meet you. Is it okay?"

"Of course it is! Where is he now?"

"At the hospital."

"Who is there with him?"

"Your brother is there. He told me to tell you not to worry."

"I'll just call him.", I said and dialled his number. But there was no answer.

"Maybe I can go and surprise him!"

"Now!"

"Yes, why not?"

"Maybe you should go in the morning."

"No. I want to go now. Will you come with me?"

                              ******

[New chapter will be out soon. Please check it out. Thank you for reading. Feel free to leave behind a comment]