Flowers // William Byron

"You have got to be kidding me!" I silently screamed standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, noticing a giant coffee stain on my white shirt. "I was being so careful!" I huffed, grabbing a paper towel, trying to dot it out, but I just made it worse.

Honestly, this day couldn't get any worse. I was late to work because my alarm never went off. My hair has a mind of its own today and my lady friend decided to show up when I was completely unprepared for her. So much for tracking it on my phone.

Work was absolutely murdering me with deadlines and last minute projects and I just really wanted to call it quits.

Jumping off a bridge sounds good right about now.

I sent off a tweet, knowing no one will care that I'm having a craptastic day even though it was only 10 in the morning. I sighed, looking out the window at the Charlotte skyline, wishing nothing more that I could be with my boyfriend William right now. I know he would make my day better, but he's traveling today and I won't be able to see him until he gets back later tonight.

I sent him a text, knowing he wouldn't see it until he landed but he still needed to know.

I miss you xx

I felt the world on my shoulders as I tried my best to keep up with the pile of work on my desk. I really wanted to crawl into a hole and cry. I don't understand why I take things to heart like this but they seriously tear me down.

My phone pinged, bringing me back from the dark corners of my mind.

Don't jump.

William sent me a text that had me a little confused.

?

"Twitter." I jumped out of my chair when I heard his voice in my office.
"What are you doing here? You scared me!"
"I saw your tweet and when I got your text, I knew I had to see my girl." I started crying when he walked into my office and pulled out a bouquet of daisies. "I got you your favorite."
"You're too good to me, William."
"Nah, you're too good to me. I had to get you something to make your day better." I got up, wrapped my arms tightly around William's waist and inhaled his scent that smelled like gasoline and burnt rubber.
"You've been in the car, haven't you?" He laughed, confirming my suspicions. "Always the racecar driver."
"Always your man." William leaned down, pressing his lips gently to mine. "Never jump, but if you do, I'll catch you."
"This is why I love you."

William gave me a smile that had me floating, his cute little nose scrunching up before leaning down to kiss me.