Fangirl // Harrison Burton

Tears streamed down my face as I left the racetrack. My favorite Xfinity driver just won the race - his FIRST race in the series and I couldn't be more proud of him!

I stood at the fence as he did his burnout, hoping and praying he saw me standing there with his shirt and hat on. I want to say he smiled at me when he climbed out of his car to get the checkered flag, but I just don't know. There were so many of us standing there, yelling and cheering for him.

I swear my heart skipped a beat when he looked my way. In my heart of hearts I know that smile wasn't for me, but I wanted it to be. So now I can't stop crying, because he looked my way and because he won the race.

Being a fangirl is hard sometimes because people just don't understand the passion that comes with it. I've been watching Harrison for a while now since my mom was a huge Jeff Burton fan. Once I found out he had a son, I started to follow his career and I haven't looked back.

But now, I'm sitting in my car, stuck in traffic crying my eyes out as my friends make fun of me for liking a nobody while there were other hot drivers out there like Bowman and Blaney. They can have them, I'll take Harrison. The boy who is just now starting out in his NASCAR career and making a name for himself.

I know he's going places and I couldn't wait to be there for every step of the way.

"Ugh. This traffic." The car beside me kept honking their horn for no reason at all. We were all stuck with nowhere to go. I don't know why they feel the need to honk when the car in front of them has nowhere to go.
"Why is that guy waving at us? What a creep." I finally looked over to nonsense driver honking who was now trying to get our attention. I really hate when creeps try to get our attention. I couldn't see anything but a tinted window. I went to roll mine down to flick them off when there's came down too and I lost my breath.
"Hey, nice hat!" I blinked, not believing who I was staring at... oh my... It was Harrison!! "I think this one would look better on you though." He pulled out a black hat, similar to the one on his head and I realized it was the one from victory lane.

The tears that I finally got to stop started to stream down my face when he got out of the car and walked over to mine. Is this really happening??

"Hey love, what's your name?" I blinked up at him, the sun shining behind his head cast a halo around him. This angel was really talking to me? I was unable to speak so my friend shouted my name for me. I watched in disbelief as Harrison wrote my name on his hat and signed it before handing it over to me.

"I can't believe you're here," I finally said, "you have no idea how happy I was to see you win and I'm so sorry, I can't stop crying." I was such a mess right now and I'm sure Harrison thought I was crazy.
"I love seeing your passion, love, shows how much you care for the sport. We need more fans like you."
"My passion? What about yours? You're fighting every week with some really good teams and you never give up. It's so inspiring. This win is going to be the start of many more. I can really see you winning the championship." I told Harrison the truth, I really believed in him that he could win this championship if he kept this up. He's in great equipment, wins will become second nature to him soon.

Harrison smiled down at me and gah! He was so freaking cute.

"Safe to say I just found my biggest fan."
"You have no idea." My friends all agreed and I had to shush them up before they went off about everything else. I did not want to be embarrassed but it was too late.

I got out of the car, shutting them out of the conversation and asked Harrison for a quick photo before traffic began to move again.

"You were standing next to the flag stand, weren't you?" I gave him a puzzled look and he pointed to my shirt. "I always remember cute girls in my gear." I blushed when he said this as he handed me the hat. I put it on, switching it out with the other one I had. "Looks good." A giggle escaped my lips when he moved in closer. "Selfie?" I grabbed my phone, moving in closer so we can get a good photo. "I have one more thing for you."

I looked down at the cute photo we just took, not believing I just met Harrison!

"I want you to have this... and this."
"What? Are you serious?"
"Anything for my fangirl." Harrison handed me the checkered flag and a small note with his phone number on it. "I look forward to talking to you." Harrison bent down, placing a kiss on my cheek and got back into his car.

I couldn't help but squeal and twirl as he drove off, the traffic now starting to move.

"I can't believe that just happened!" I quickly sent Harrison a text, thanking him for everything and sent him the photo of us. Instead of a reply, I got a Twitter notification.

Found my biggest fan while stuck in traffic - can't wait to make her proud each and every race moving forward.

My heart swelled while reading this and I knew right there and then I made the right choice of being his fangirl - forever and always.