Chapter 1

Stephanie, Abel and Faith ⬆️

Abel:
I walked into the kitchen and smiled when I saw my wife Stephanie busy feeding our dog.

"Good morning Steph."

"Good morning." She smiled too. "Your coffee is already done."

"Thanks babe."

I walked over to the Keurig and grabbed my travel mug.

"The new semester starts today right?"

"Yup, which means I get a whole new group of assholes to deal with."

She laughed. "Don't talk about your students like that babe!"

"I'm serious, for the most part, I like being a professor but some of those kids are just so fucking annoying. They really make me wanna quit."

"Have you looked into doing something else?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, sometimes I think about writing for other artist again but at the same time I'm over it..."

"Well maybe you should reconsider it, if you're really done with teaching."

"I'll think about it." I looked at my Apple Watch and sighed. "I gotta get going."

"Alright, what time will you be home later?"

"Shouldn't be too late, I just have to get some plans done. So maybe sevenish?"

"Alright, just text me when you're on your way."

"I will." I kissed her forehead on my way out. "I love you baby."

"I love you too."

I grabbed my coffee and brief case and walked out to my Mercedes AMG coupe. I drove to the University of Toronto and parked in the faculty lot before making my way across campus to the Art building.

"Aye, what's up bro?" Lamar asked as he walked into my room. "You ready for another fuck ass semester?"

"Man, barely." I laughed as I sat down behind my desk. "I was telling Steph this morning, I was tired of this shit."

"What are you gonna do it you quit? You gon go public with this Weeknd shit?"

"Hell no. I would have to find something though 'cause she's gonna be suspicious about my money if I don't."

Even though I was still earning royalties from my songwriting days, most of my income now came from my own music career. I was really just working at the college as a cover up and made Lamar come work with me too.

"Are you ever gonna tell Steph?"

"I don't know. I just like the way things are now, you know? We live comfortably and our relationship is as strong as it's ever been. I just feel like if I tell her now, it's gonna start a big argument and she's gonna say she can't trust me 'cause I've been hiding this for so long and then once she gets over that part, she's gonna want to start splurging with all my money."

"Damn, I ain't think about all that."

"Right." I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair then checked the time on my watch. "Doesn't your first class start in ten minutes?"

"Ooh shit, I'll catch up with you at lunch."

"Alright, bet."

He left out of my room and I grabbed my suitcase to start pulling out the papers for my first class that started in an hour. I put a few papers on the table near the door so they could grab them as they came in then went and sat back down at my desk.