𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

❤︎

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦: 𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝐴𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑎

"I'm surprised by your lack of scars."

Sabrina thought back to the night before. To before she had left that morning, slipping from his sheets and climbing over him, somehow without waking him.

"I only have one." He said.

They laid on his small bed together, facing each other. Sabrina was in Ada's nighty and Tommy was still fully dressed. She had expected it to be awkward, but Sabrina felt comfortable- at home almost.

"Can I see?" She whispered and he nodded.

Tommy pulled his hand up and placed it in the small gap between them. She lifted his hand, holding it in his as she examined the scar between his knuckles, her fingers tracing over the rough surface.

"It's smaller than I thought it'd be. Where'd you get it?" She asked, and Tommy chuckled.

"Remember the party you and your sisters held when we came back from France." He said, and Sabrina nodded.
Though when she realised that he was talking about the fight in the alley after she had stormed away from the party, her eyes widened and she blushed deeply. "One way to remind me of you when you left."

After Sabrina had left him early in the morning, she was embarrassed. She had luckily been able to slip passed his family, even Ada, and made her way swiftly toward the Garrison, where she knew her sister would be.

As she entered the pub, still in yesterday's clothing, Betty didn't even bat an eyelash, as she had expected. To Sabrina, she seemed trouble by something. So, as she sat down beside her in a bar stool, she was worried.

"Hello?" Sabrina said, gaining her attention finally. "What's wrong?"

Betty jumped slightly, before turning around and smiling right-lipped. "Nothing's wrong, what do you mean?"

"Something's wrong. I can tell." Sabrina said.

"Sabrina, I need to tell you something." Betty held her hands, making her even more worried.

"Go ahead." She encouraged, shuffling forward so she could hear clearly.

"Well, Henry and I went out yesterday." Betty began, inside of how exactly to tell such big news to her sister. "He..."

Betty sighed and took in a deep breath before pushing the words out. "He's going to America- he asked me to go with him."

Sabrina's eyes widened involuntarily. She stuttered, "He did? Oh."

"And I said yes." Betty said. "It's just we've already lost so much time together, and I didn't want to lose any more."

Sabrina nodded, smiling. "No, of course. I'm happy for you. I'll just miss you, is all."

"I love you, Betty." Sabrina said, placing a hand reassuringly on her shoulder.

"I love you too, Sabrina." Betty said back, bringing her in for a hug.

As they hugged, Sabrina pulled her in tighter, her chin resting on her shoulder as she closed her eyes. What would she do with out her sister? Betty was always the one to keep her in the right and tell her what to do when she felt lost.

But Sabrina knew that Betty had to go. America was the best place for her, especially with Henry. He loved her more than anything- always had.

"When do you leave?"

"Two weeks."

Sabrina held her breath, before breaking into a smile. But she frowned and sighed as Betty's eyes drifted down to her clothes.

"You were wearing that yesterday." She stated, and Sabrina nodded, smoothing a crease in her skirt.

"I like this skirt." She said but Betty shook her head.

"You'd never be caught wearing the same thing twice in such a short time!" She accuses her. "Where were you last night."

Sabrina's mind flashed back to the previous night. After spending a confusing night with Tommy in his room, she had been able to forget the fact that she had actually shot someone. With a gun. She had killed a man.

"I was at Tommy's."

"Tommy Shelby?" Betty exclaimed. "I don't believe you."

Sabrina nodded, letting the silence speak for itself. Betty said, "How did that happen."

"I was upset." Sabrina shrugged, not adding anything more. "It's not important."

"Not important? Of course it's important!" She insisted. "I'm so happy for you."

"I don't think it's like that." Sabrina said, but before she could say anything more, she added, "I've been thinking about going back to Paris."

"What? Now?" Betty said, her face emerging with confusion.

Sabrina nodded. "Everything's a bit much for me here."

"But I mean it, it's not important. You're going to America, we need to get you ready!"

Betty didn't bother to try and say anything else to her older sister. She put her actions down to shock. Leaving for America would be hard on her too, but she knew she would love it there. It was Sabrina, after all, who had inspired her to say yes.

But as Betty watched as Sabrina dragged her toward their home, she thought about Tommy Shelby. She had a feeling that he liked her sister, why else would he had done the things that he had? And Sabrina obviously had feelings for him- and her feeling were real.

She hoped that Tommy could let down his guard, for the sake of her sister. But maybe she just had to talk some sense into him, and that she would do. Betty made sure of it.

❤︎