Chapter 4 - Khan

"Ms. Khan will wake up any minute now, but she needs to rest a little longer." The doctor explained while checking some paper work. A shiver was sent down his spine. Ishaan hadn't heard the name Muskaan Khan in a very long time. It couldn't possibly be her, could it? Was she the Muskaan Khushi Khan? If so why had she lied? And why did she say her name was Muskaan Singh? Tangled up in his thoughts Ishaan walked up and down the hallways of the hospital.
Ishaan was ripped out of his thoughts by his daughter. Vaani came running up to him.
"How is she dad? I came as soon as I got your call!" Vaani said out of breath.
"She's doing fine I assume. I wasn't able to see her yet, but she should be awake now."
"Oh thank God! I was so worried about her!" Vaani said.
Their conversation was interrupted by the doctor.
"Ms. Khan is up and well now, we still would like to keep her another day to make sure she's alright, you may visit her now."
"Thank you doctor!" Vaani and Ishaan said relieved at the same time.
Both went into Muskaan's room.
"Where am I and what happened?" Muskaan mumbled confused, rubbing her head in pain.

"You're in the hospital, you didn't see a step while walking down the stairs and hit your head pretty badly." Ishaan explained while sitting down on the chair next to her bed.
"I'm so glad to see you alright Muskaan!" Vaani admitted and gave Muskaan a big hug.
"Thanks sweetie." Muskaan said and smiled a little. Ishaan was still fighting with his thoughts. He just had to find out. He grabbed his wallet and gave Vaani some money.
"Could you please go and buy something to eat and drink?"
"Certainly." Vaani said and took the money. Just shortly after that she was gone.
"Muskaan, I need to ask you something."
"Sure go ahead." Muskaan said a little confused. Her head was still hurting a little, so she wasn't able to deal with the past incidents. Ishaan took a deep breath before starting.
"Earlier the doctor mentioned that your last name was Khan, how come?"
Just when he finished his sentence Muskaan's heart dropped. Was it possible that he found out who she truly was? The thought frightened her. If he knew, he would have been long gone. It was as if she was struck by lightning.
"If so, how come you told me your last name is Singh, please be honest."
"I-ehm well.. how do I put it." Muskaan struggled to find the right words to say.

"I just want to know if theres a possibility for you being my sister in law.." he admitted.
"Alright, alright.. yes it is true, I'm the Muskaan Khushi Khan.. Sonam's sister, now before you freak out let me explain!" She confessed.
"I changed my name, because I was simply scared if you'd find out who I truly am you'd take Vaani away again.. I didn't want to lose her another time.." Muskaan explained. Ishaan sighed and listened. He knew he did a mistake in the past by running from it. He basically hid everything from Vaani that had something to do with her mother, including her family. He shouldn't have run off like that.
"I'm sorry, I won't run off like that again, actually I'm quite surprised, I always had the feeling that you were too familiar too be a stranger. And now it makes so much more sense!" He said.
"So you're not running away again?" She asked.
"No, not without you!" Ishaan replied smiling softly at her.
"Thank you." Muskaan whispered trying to hold back her tears. Ishaan leaned in for a hug and hugged her long and deeply.
"Just so you know, with us its never off the table." He whispered in her ear. Muskaan broke the hug and gave him a confused glance.
"What about Kiara? I thought you couldn't do that to her.."
"Don't you worry! Kiara is long gone, history." Ishaan admitted.

"And I'm sure Sonam would want us to be happy together!"

Muskaan smiled. A genuine happy smile.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." She said.

"Muskaan, would you do me the honour and be my girlfriend?" Ishaan asked.

Muskaan couldn't be happier right now. Her little world seemed so perfect right now. Everything finally went into peace.

"Of course I would! I'd love to!" Muskaan replied. Suddenly the door was being knocked and Vaani came in with some food and drinks.

"So guys, what did I miss?" She asked.
Ishaan and Muskaan couldn't help but break out into laughter, leaving Vaani confused.