Chapter 3

"Did Gibbs tell you who my mom is?" Jane asked Ducky.

"No I don't think he has".

"She was or is Jenny Shepard".

Ducky's face looked surprised but not entirely surprised but Jane didn't see.

"Really. Your mom was such a wonderful person".

"Thank you".

"Where have you been all this time if you don't mind me asking".

"Boarding school and when I wasn't I stayed with mom's friend and when he passed I still stayed with his daughter in law and her kid".

"Really who was that?"

"Mike franks, everyone seems to know him so".

"Yeah I did".

Ducky was a great person for Jane to talk to. Since Ducky is now the historian for ncis he told her many stories and even some of her mother she never knew.

Gibbs and the team found his car and there was no sign of him. The searched the area but came up with nothing.

While searching the car they found blood and they didn't know whose it was.

They took the car back to headquarters and went from there.

Tony and Ziva kept texting McGee because they wanted to find more about Shepard's daughter and McGee was getting annoyed because he didn't know anything more.

They all returned to headquarters and Jane checked the time and had to get to work.

"Gibbs I hate to just leave like this but I need to get to work" Jane said.

"Ok I'll drive you back to my house to get your car".

They drove back to Gibbs house "if you need anything just call" he handed her his card.

"I will".

Jane quickly drove to apartment to take a quick shower and change into her work clothes. Her apartment doesn't feel like her apartment anymore. Jane just felt horrible that she didn't catch Troy sooner.

Work was going by super slow it was like nobody wanted coffee today which was odd. The coffee shop was always busy especially when Jane was there.

After work Jane was hesitant to sleep at her apartment because she was worried that Troy was going to come back and found out what she did.

Despite her fear she was going to stay anyway. She knew they took the stuff from the vent into evidence so if he did come back she was going to be in trouble if he came to get more from his stash.

She made dinner for herself and went bed.

She slept cautiously meaning she was waking up every hour to make sure she was the only one on her apartment.

She couldn't take it anymore so at around 2 in the morning she packed a bag and drove back to Gibbs house. She thought about knocking but to her surprise the door was unlocked. She went into the house and immediately went to the room she slept in before.

She hoped he wouldn't mind but she had a feeling he wouldn't.

"Yeah on my way" Gibbs said while talking on the phone.

Jane heard him and she woke up. She ran downstairs to let him know that she was here.

"Morning Gibbs" she said.

"Morning" he replied with a smile.

"Can I join you at work if it's not an issue".

"Of course not and work wouldn't mind".