Chapter 17

While Jane kept telling Gibbs she was fine she wasn't 100% because of her pounding headache. She never thought she would have stitches on her face. The nurse gave her something for her headache and it did go away but it also made her tired so she ended up falling asleep.

While Jane was asleep he called the rest of the team to see if they had anything on Hailey.

There was nothing to report.

After getting off the phone with the team he updates Leyla on everything. She was happy that Jane was safe.

Gibbs never left Jane's side.

"McGee do you still think that Jane is not Gibbs daughter?" Bishop asked.

"No I don't. I don't think she would keep it from him".

"Look what has happened to her. I mean I can see why she did".

"Yeah I know but we need to focus on finding Hailey not if Jane is Gibbs daughter".

Bishop and Torres knew he was right and it wasn't going to be brought up at the moment.

About 2 hours later Jane woke up.

"Feel any better?" Gibbs asked.

"Yeah a little bit it felt like I slept for days".

"Well it wasn't days more like 2 hours".

"That was all I slept for".

"Afraid so".

"You know you don't have to stay here".

"I'm not leaving you again".

A few minutes later Ducky and Palmer came in.

"Hope you don't mind more company" Ducky said.

"Nope never it's good to see you both again".

"We brought flowers and cupcakes" Palmer said.

"You guys are the best".

"How are you feeling?"

"Better but not entirely better but definitely getting there".

They were all in the room eating the cupcakes and telling each other stories. Jane felt like she had a family and she hoped that everyone would still want to be around her once this is all officially over for the second time.

After a couple of hours of visiting both Ducky and Palmer left.

McGee came to visit to make sure that Jane was okay.

"Hi McGee" Jane said.

"How are you doing?"

"Better".

"McGee any updates".

"No not yet just wanted to make sure that you both are okay".

"Thank you McGee it means a lot".

McGee left a few minutes later.

Jane and Gibbs talked mostly through the rest of the day about mainly everything. Gibbs asked her what she wanted to do after she finished school, Jane told him she didn't know which he understood.

It was getting late so Jane ended up falling asleep. Gibbs didn't want to shut his eyes for one minute but he did.

The morning arrived and Jane felt so much better. She just needed to sleep for longer than 2 hours.

Gibbs wasn't in the room but a couple minutes later he came into the room with some water.

"Thank you" she said.