Chapter 20

Jane was the last to arrive, she ranged the doorbell and Leyla answered.

"Hi Leyla it's so good to see you again" Jane said.

"So good to see you".

Amira came running and gave Jane a big hug.

"Amira you are so big" Jane said.

"So are you".

"Here I'll take the cake and thank you for it" Leyla said.

"Your welcome".

Amira grabbed her hand which was still sore but she got a different cast on after work today so it was more comfortable.

"Hi Gibbs" Jane said.

"Jane".

Gibbs played with Amira while Jane offered to help Leyla finish up food. Leyla asked Jane how she was after everything and she said that it was a lot but she's glad that it's over with. Leyla was glad Gibbs knew about her and she wasn't a secret anymore. They finished dinner and set the table.

Once everything was set everyone sat down for a dinner. Jane was happy in this moment and the conversations just never stopped. Jane got to hear more about Mike and Gibbs working days. Just from the stories Jane could tell that they were the best of friends, even if Gibbs didn't want to admit it.

Jane starting to tell stories about her school life in the school she didn't like. While she didn't like it she did make some good friends there and was glad her mom sent her there. Then she got on the subject of the summer camp that was not a good experience for her mainly because she fell off a horse. That made Amira laugh and said she wants to ride a horse now.

It was time for her cake to come and she hoped that everyone liked it. She followed a easy recipe so it should be good.

"Great cake Jane" Gibbs said.

"Yeah it's really good" Leyla said.

"I love it" Amira said.

"Thank you in glad you all like it" Jane replied to everyone.

After they ate cake they cleaned up the kitchen and watched tv. Amira fell asleep so Gibbs carried her to her room. Jane helped clean up around the house and looked at the time, she decided it was time to go home.

"Thank you for tonight Leyla it was fun" Jane said.

"You are always welcomed here don't forget that".

"I know".

She hugged goodbye.

"It's best for me to leave to. Thanks Leyla" Gibbs said.

"Your welcome".

Gibbs walked with Jane outside.

"How is everything going?" Jane asked.

"Good. Everything is good. How is everything with you?"

"Good".

"That's good".

Gibbs walked her to her car and told her she can come and visit whenever, she knew that. They said bye to each other.

When Gibbs arrived home, home felt empty and it's always been like that but having Jane there made it feel less empty.

When Jane arrived back home she took a shower and just fell asleep, she was happy she had the day off tomorrow.

In the morning the team had updates about Carl's case.