00:00 Prologue

I burst out of my room and ran down the hall. Blinded by tears, I didn't see Michael until I slammed into him, knocking us both down, and Michael into the wall. The force of impact stole whatever breath I had left. I covered my face with my arms, the fibers stinging against my raw skin.

Everything was silent for a moment. Or maybe the fever took my hearing.

"Luke, what the hell is going on?" Michael picked himself up and stood over me, his shadow swallowing the red light that filtered through my eyelids. He sounded like he was a thousand miles away, but I could tell he was aggravated. He always was.

"Him," was all I could manage.

I am burning.

"Him? Him?! You're the one who's ruined everything for everyone since the beginning! Why are you blaming him? You are the problem, Luke, why don't you get that!" Michael bent down and grabbed my shoulder.

I am on fire.

I screamed from the pain, electricity surging through my muscles, just enough to swiftly swing my arm into Michael's leg to get him off of me. He grunted, stepping back in surprise, and then flicked his foot at me as if he wanted to kick me. I swatted angrily at him again, but he stayed out of reach. A moment passed, and I once again covered my face with my arms.

"He's coming after me."

"What do you mean by that?" His voice was quiet now, taunting me.

"I wanted to kill him. I wanted to kill me."

I dropped my arms to the floor in defeat and let out a shallow breath, before daring to look at Michael in the face. His expression was unreadable.

"Demons make demons. I turned Ashton into me."