How we got to Where we are

I walk down the hall to see how Tony and Bruce are going in the lab. As I turn a corner I see as Steve walks out of the lab and past me. By the look on his face he was pretty upset about something. Probably how Tony can be childish. As I walk in the lab I hear Tony start to speak. "That's the guy my dad would never shut up about? Wonder if they should have kept him under the ice." He says. I lean against a table resting my elbows on the top. "Careful what you say Tony." I start out startling both the billionaire and scientist. I then continue talking. "Coulson has eyes and ears everywhere in this ship. And I'm not talking about cameras." I say with a smile. "How did you get in here?" Tony asked obviously freaked out. It wouldn't surprise me if he pissed his pants.

I stand up straight putting my hands in my pockets. On the inside I was trying not to laugh. "I walked in here. So how's finding the Tesseract going?" I ask the two men. "We're going slow but Tony has his robot Butler helping out." Bruce said as he pushed a few buttons on the screen in front of him. "That ' robot Butler ' is an Artificial intelligence helper that I designed." Tony said correcting the other scientist.

Bruse shook his head and adjusted his glasses and got back to the topic that they were previously on before I came in the room. "Cap isn't wrong about Loki. He does have the jump on us." He said being focused on the screens. I watch as Tony walks over to Bruce. "What he's got is an ACME dynamite kit. It's going to blow up in his face. And I'm going to be there when it does." He says.

I walk over to a chair that was close to the Dr and sit in it facing the two. "I'll read all about it." He said to Tony swiping a image to him. "Or you'll be suiting up with the rest of us." Tony said and tossed me a bag of blueberries and I successfully catch them eating a few. "You see, I don't get a suit of armor. I'm exposed. Like a nerve. It's a nightmare." Bruce said. I set the bag if blueberries down to listen.

Tony speaks up and I turn my attention to him. "You know I've got a cluster of shrapnel trying every second to crawl its way into my heart. This stops it." He paused tapping on his arc reactor that was in the middle of his chest. "It's part of me now. Not just armor. " He said getting in front of him and swipe the images on his screen to the side. "But you can control it." The Dr said. "Because I learned how. Y/n didn't get her magic just by being born. She learned how to use it." He said. Bruce looks at me and I nod.

Bruce shakes his head and kept working of the screen. " That's different. " Tony then swipes all the stuff to the side so he could have a clear view of the scientist. "Hey, I read all about your accident. That much gamma exposure should've killed you." He says. "So you're saying that the hulk... The other guy saved my life?" Bruce asked. I nod my head. "Something like that." I added in. "If you did kill yourself and Loki came like this all hell would break lose. Maybe you shouldn't think of the hulk as a disease but more as the curer." I say. The scientist chuckled a bit nervously. "That'll be impossible y/n." He said and I shrug my shoulders. "Maybe. Maybe not. You may never know." I then hop off the chair and walk over to Loki's scepter to examine the glowing object. In my mind there was something that the books at kamar taj never told me or something the ancient one was keeping a secret from me and all of us. Something that could threaten the lives of everyone not on earth but on the entire universe.

TIME SKIP🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

An hour or two later I was walking through the halls to try and find Thor. I needed to ask him something about his brother. Just when I turned a corner I bump into Natasha. "Oh hey Natasha." I greeted. "Hey y/n. You in a hurry or anything?" She asked. "Nope. Just trying to find Thor." I said. "Can that wait for a bit? Fury is sending me to interrogate Loki. Wanna listen in? I'm sure there might be something that he will say that will give your attention." She offers holding out an ear piece. I smirk taking it. "I wanna hear what his real intentions are for paying  the hostage. Cuz nobody would give up that easily." I point out putting the ear piece on. "That's what Steve said. Head over to the conference room for a little silence. I know how you are with noise when you are trying to listen." She said making me nod in agreement. "OK. Be careful around him. He'll get in your head and tell you anything." I warn and we go our separate ways.

A few minutes pass and I get to the conference room. I walk in closing and locking the door. I look out the window seeing Thor and Coulson talking to each other. I then walk to the table that I saw the security footage from earlier and put it back on to Loki's cell. I sit in a chair and watch as Loki is pacing in his cell. I look to the left to see Nat walk up.

As I watch the security footage Loki stops and turns smirking. "There's not many people who can sneak up on me." Loki says. "But you figured I'd come." Nat responds. "After. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate." Loki says smiling. "I wanna know what you've done to agent Barton." Nat says. "I would say I've expanded his mind." He replies. I lean forward listening in.

I watch as Natasha walks up to the cell. "And once you've won, once you're king of the mountain, what happens to his mind?" She asks crossing her arms. "Is this love agent Romanoff? The same love I have for y/n?" Loki asked and I feel my face warm up and quickly cool down. "Love is for children. I owe him a debt. And cut the bull crap. You only love her magic not for who she is." She said. I smile a little feeling the big sister in her.

Loki backs up towards the bed in his glass cell. "Tell me." He requested the Russian woman before he sat down. "Before I worked for SHIELD I, uh..." She pauses and sits in a chair. "Well I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skill set. I didn't care who I used it for or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me. He made a different call" While I listened I clearly remember this. This was when I was just starting SHIELD training. I didn't meet her until a few months after this story. 

Loki then speaks up looking at his hands and back up at the redhead. "And what will you do if I vow to spare him?" "Not let you out." She said and almost instantly Loki speaks up. "No, but I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man." He leans forward. "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that. I'm Russian. Or I was." She says. "And what are you now?" The male asks.

Natasha stands up and answers him. "It's really not that complicated. I got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." She says crossing her arms. "Can you?" Loki asks. "Can you wipe out that much red? Dreykov's daughter, Sao Paulo..." My eyes widen hearing that he was listing off all the things she did before SHIELD. "The hospital fire? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping. It's gushing red, and your think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer. Pathetic! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are part of you. And they will never go away." Loki then slams his fist to the glass of his cell causing Natasha and I to both jump.

I keep my eyes on Loki not taking them off. "I won't touch Barton, not until he brings me y/n, not until I make him kill you. Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear. And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams I'll split his skull." I watch as Natasha walks away from the cell  turning her back to him.  "This is my bargain you mewling quim." He says. "Your a monster." Natasha tells him. Loki then chuckles. "Oh, no, you brought the monster." Natasha lifts her head and turns to face Loki. "So, Banner. That's your play." She said. "What?" Loki mutters.

Natasha then starts walking to the exit placing her hand to the earpiece. "Y/n, get to the lab. Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab. I'm on my way." She orders me. "I'm on it." I reply. I get up turning off the screen and make my way to the lab. I had a gut feeling that this wasn't going to go so well.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
To be continued.