12

Once they had sat down at the table  and finished eating they made their way to the couch and switched on the television.

"When you want to, the boxes are in that cupboard over there, you can change into whatever you'd like, it's mainly all of last years winter collection. I'll be right back, I just want to change"

As Nathalie made her way back They began to flick through all of the  channels and weren't able to find anything interesting.

They were both too lazy to look for things on Netflix anyway so they just settled on the news instead.

After a while of catching up on drama around the world and listening through the weather forecasts, Nathalie began to feel tired.

She tried to keep her eyes open but it was no use, she began to drift off into a deep sleep.

Gabriel was watching the television and trying not to fall back and go to bed right there on the couch, he was about to ask Nathalie if they should head off to sleep when he felt a light thump on his shoulder.

It was Nathalie.

She had fallen asleep and in doing so she had managed to rest her head on his shoulder whilst she breathed deeply in and out.

Gabriel wanted to change out of his uncomfortable work clothes, but he didn't want to disturb Nathalie.

He had decided to lift her up and take her to her bedroom.

He arrived in her neatly organized room and pulled back the sheets as he lay her down and took off her glasses before tucking her in.

"Mmhmm, stay Gabriel" she whispered in her half asleep state.

"I will, I'm just going to change" he whispered back as he made his way back to the lounge to find something to wear.

Once he had picked out a pair of black sweat pants and a white T-shirt with the Gabriel logo on the back he made his way off to Nathalies room.

He knew that he shouldn't be in the same bed as her, it could remind her of earlier today.

He went up to her bed rest and bent down and kissed her on the forehead as he  said goodnight.

"Gabriel..." Nathalie whispered as she patted the empty space next to her.

Gabriel felt like this just wasn't right.

But he loved Nathalie like no other.

'No, it's just platonic, nothing is going to happen, stop it, you're a grown man who should not be having thoughts like this, especially when it's of your assistant who you are madly in love with who has had the worst possible day of her life. Grow up Gabriel' he said to himself.

As he got under the covers he rolled over onto his side and closes his eyes.

After a while he could feel shifting in the bed and then the smell of raspberries filled his nose.

He cracked open one of his eyes and saw that Nathalie had made herself comfortable with her head in the crook of his neck.

He knew that this didn't mean anything but it didn't stop him from hoping that I could and hopefully would one day.

As he breathed in the sweet scent of her shampoo he managed to drift off back to sleep and slept soundly until the morning.
-------------------

It was 9am, they were meant to start work at 7.

Gabriel had woken up to the harsh sunlight burning the lids of his eyes.

He sat up with a jolt and reached for his phone to check the time.

In doing so, Nathalie's head fell from his shoulder and hit the pillows with a thud, causing her to wake up with a slight screech.

Gabriel was frantically reaching for his glasses so he could check the time.

It read 9:02.

It was 9 o'clock, he was meant to start work two hours ago, but instead hhe was sleeping with his assistant.

"Gabriel, are you alright?" Nathalie asked hoarsely

"I'm all good Nat, I've decided to cancel our working day, you need your rest and I'm useless without you anyway" he said as he gazed over at Nathalie and her bed head, his eyes slipped down to look at her shoulder, the top of her collar bones and shoulder peeked out of her grey sweatshirt.

'Snap out of it Agreste! She's your assistant! Who is going through a hard time, she doesn't need you thinking inappropriate thoughts about her on top of all that!'

He scolded himself as he got back into bed as she rested her head into the crook of his neck.

As she was drifting off back to sleep, Gabriel began to run his fingers through her soft sweet smelling hair.

He really did love this woman.

And he wanted her to know that.

A few hours later he woke up again to the sound of his cellphone ringing.

He fumbled around again for his glasses, as he picked up his phone adriens name was displayed across the screen.

"Hello, father?"

"Yes adrien"

"It's half past eleven and you're not home and neither is Nathalie, are you two alright, did something happen?!"

"Don't worry adrien, everything's alright, I have cancelled our work day,but the real question is why aren't you at school?"

"It's our lunch break now father"

"Oh god! What is the time?!"

"I've already told you, it's half past eleven!"

"Oh god, alright adrien, enjoy your day, bye!"
---------

"Nat, Nat, Nathalie! Wake up, its midday!"

"I'm up!"

"Oh sorry. Coffee?" He said with a goofy smile.

"Um sure, thanks"

'What the hell, who is this man and what has he done with Gabriel agreste? Why did he smile at me? Why is he being so nice?'

"Coffees ready!"

"Oh well, let's take advantage of this rare behavior" she whispered to herself as she walked through to the kitchen.

"Morning Gabriel, how'd you sleep?"

"Forget about me, what about you Nathalie, are you sure that you're alright? Did you sleep fine? Are you sure you're not hurt?"

"I'm fine Gabriel, just a bit weary, other than that I am all good" she said as she made her way around the kitchen to stand next to him.

"If you say so, are you feeling up to going out for a nice lunch?"

"Oh, it's twelve o'clock already! Well then skip breakfast and let's get ready for lunch"

"I'll wait for you and then I'll stop by the mansion to put something presentable on"

"For heavensake Gabriel, you always look presentable, even in sweatpants and bed hair" she said as she ran her hand through his messy locks.

"Quite the charmer arent we, ms sancoeur?"

"No!  What? no, me? Never! I was just teasing!" She said as she ran off to the bathroom to get washed and ready for lunch.