Part 6

Mias POV:
'You slept at Jesses?' Marcus asked me, the next morning, sat around the meeting table, at the stadium. I nodded.
'And???' He asked me.
'And we're together.' I beamed.
'Yes!' Marcus exclaimed, pulling me into the tightest hug.
'What's going on here?' My brother asked, taking his airpods out and turning off his phone.
'Me and Jess, we're together.'
'Oh wow. I'm happy for you.' He smiled.  I smiled in return and with that, he picked back up his phone and moved to the corner of the room. I gave Marcus a weird look and he just shrugged.
'Goodmorning babyyy.' Jesse shouted, bursting open the door and wrapping his arms around my neck and smothering my face in kissing.
'Hey Jess.' I smiled.
'You're too cute.' Marcus pouted.
'Come on, now Jess is here we need to go to training.' My brother said, rising from his chair in the corner and leading his way down the stairs.
'Whats up with him?' Jesse whispered.
'We're unsure.' Marcus replied.
I squeezed Jesses hand and ran ahead, after my brother.
'Hey mase .' I whispered. He turned and looked at me.
'What's wrong?'
'You need to break up with Jesse.' My brother said.
'Why, Mason, you love Jesse. You know how happy he makes you.' I said, gobsmacked that my brother would ever try and tell me what to do In A relationship.
'It's Edward.' He replied.
'Hey.' Jesse smiled, appearing at the door. I looked at my brother and he didn't say another word. I knew I'd have to wait until we were alone again.
'Hey.' I smiled weakly, I squeezed Jesses arm, but not with as much strength as I usually did, And sat down on the bench.

I felt sick in the pit of my stomach. I had no idea what Edward had said to my brother. And then it reminded me, what had I said to Jesse that night when I was drunk? The night I was crying? I sat, staring at the floor for the whole training, tapping my feet on the floor and zoning out.
My brother was the first off the pitch, he signalled to me and we ran ahead of everyone, down the tunnel and into an empty dressing room or something.
'What?' I asked him.
'Edward. Has proof that you two, did stuff.' Mason said to me.
'But I don't remember doing it.' I said, rubbing my head.
'Because he drugged you Mia.'
'So, why can't we go to the police? Why do I have to break up with Jesse.' I asked, confused.
'Because, he has spoken to the people at the party. He has made out Jesse was there. He's edited photos and security camera videos to make Jesse there,'
'And?' I asked.
'If the videos of you two leak, Jesse will get into so much bad media for letting his girlfriend be raped whilst he wasn't doing anything.' My brother said.

'But, I wasn't his girlfriend.'
'But he knew you at that time, and he can't deny that either. It was the day before you two met, and he knew about you.'
'Mason this doesn't make any sense to me.' I said, sitting down.
'I know, but to the police, and the jury, it'll make perfect sense. Jesse will be made to look like the one who drugged you and he will get sent down.'
'No Mason.'
'No Mia.' He replied.
'I'm not letting this happen.' I said, standing up and walking to the door.
'Unless you can find a way around it,' he said.
'I'll think of something.' I replied.
'But until then, you can't be near Jesse. It needs to look like you've broken up, or he won't hesitate.' Mason exclaimed.
I nodded and left the stadium, walking straight past my boyfriend, and getting in my car.