Not the Upside Down

When I opened my eyes the space around me was dark. My first thought was that I was being punished by being left in the dark room. As I continued to look around I released I was in a place called a forest. Sometimes when I would spy for Papa the people would be in a forest, but this didn't look like any of the forests I had seen before.

My thoughts were interrupted when the pressure in my chest became unbearable. I leaned to the side as I coughed up some weird sludge. My lungs felt much better after coughing up whatever that stuff was.

I decided it would be a good idea to find some shelter before that creature found me.

After walking for awhile I found a town. I entered a building that has glass walls with food on the other side. I grabbed a bag and started filling it with food. Once that bag was full I found another bag and filled it with other things I thought I would need.

Suddenly a viscous growl sounded in the distance. I took this as my signal to get moving. I found a little building in the woods after traveling for a long time. It looked run down but it was just what I needed. I entered and quickly made a soft area for me to sleep. As time went by (you can't tell time/ days in the Upside Down) I made the building a better place to live on the inside. I left the outside alone so the monster couldn't tell I was here.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was out searching the woods when I heard someone.

"NANCY!" the voice screamed. I ran towards the voice to find out what was going and how someone got here. A girl with short red hair was trying to climb out of a hole. I tried helping her when suddenly she was ripped from my grasp. We both screamed as the monster attacked her. It was such a terrible sight that words could not properly describe it. I ran from the scene after the monster had finished.

As I ran through the woods I heard a whimpering. I slowly walked towards the sound. I discovered the sound was coming from a strange building thing.

________________________________

I do not own any of the included images. Thanks to the Duffer Brothers for coming up with the awesomeness that is Stranger Things!