8.The Yule Ball

December 1994, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Perci and the twins rushed to the common room determined to avoid anyone asking her out. Since, the Yule ball had been announced, almost everyone from first years to seventh years and gryffindors to slytherins has asked her out. She turned down everybody and few names are to be listed like - Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory and countless others from all the schools that was participating in the Triwizard Tournament.

She even had few encounters with love potions and other stuff like that. The twins had been acting as her bodyguards checking everything that comes near her. She isn't happy being banned from chocolates because of 'safety purposes'. Because of these problems, the trio has been at work nonstop. Pranking everyone and especially the ones who tried trick her into having a love potion.

Meanwhile, a certain redhead was having a internal battle in his mind on whether he should ask his best friend for four years out or not. He was freaking out. He didn't want to lose his best friend for just a stupid ball. 'What if she said ok?' 'What if she says the friendship is over?' 'What if she didn't like me?' Countless what ifs swam through his mind. And having a really annoying (but awesome) twin didn't help at all.

Perci noticed Fred zoning out countless times that day. He seems jumpy when she is around which is all the time. She also noticed that he was nervous about something. She decided to ask him after the study club.

Yep! Study club, presided by none other than the Perci Jackson. People in the other world would faint if they heard this. In Hogwarts, it was perfectly normal. Perci Jackson, the best of her year helping people from first years to seventh years despite the differences. It all started when a particularly nervous Neville Longbottom asked her help in potions. And that's how a study group of three became four, five, six and so on and so forth. Everyone loved it as it wasn't as strict as McGonagall's or as boring as Binns. They had fun through learning. Soon Perci had her own class.

The study club as usual came to an end at six'o'clock in the library. Everyone went to their respective common rooms after thanking Perci. She was explaining Angelina a particularly tough topic on the way to the Gryffindor common room but her mind was somewhere else. She wanted to find out what was bothering her best friend so much. She was determined find out and do whatever she can do about it. She knew it because he didn't even pay attention to potions. It was his favorite subject. Without Snape and with the guidance of a better teacher, he could score one of the top scores if Snape for once was generous to award the students marks.

The trio were the only ones remaining in the common room in their usual favorite places at thirty past seven. They were doing their essay on astronomy when George announced he was going to bed.

Perci didn't notice how George wished the other twin luck and how he winked before climbing the stairs. No, she didn't. Perci is smart, true but she is still the oblivious Perci.

"Fred?" She asked.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Um—no?"

Perci sighed. She kept her finished astronomy essay away. She crept closer to him and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"It's nothing Perce, it's just a simple thing" He was thoroughly touched by her concern. As if he didn't have enough reasons to like her.

"What is it?" She isn't going to leave it just like that.

"It is really nothing!"

"Fred..." She used her stern mother tone.