13 . Friendship turns into something more

'Loving him was never in her plan but one day she woke up, loving him more than anything!'

"Thank you." Fred said when they had exited the Hall. They were helping the adults in restoring the castle. Perci had given him a potion to regrow his ear and was on a cot, conscious.

"For?"

"For saving my life."

Perci abruptly stopped in the empty corridor and crossed her arms. "We've become that far, eh?"

Fred obviously sensed the underlying hurt in her joking tone. "Ofcouse not, Perce...I mean we should thank somebody who saved our life, right..?" He finished awkwardly. He was never the one with words.

Perci cracked a smile and laughed. She threw herself at him and he held her although he wasn't prepared for it. She had her head buried in the crook of his neck. "I'd do it again, Fred a thousand times. And did you really think that you would get rid of me that easily?"

She pulled away from him and punched his arm as she laughed with him. "Don't you dare scare me like that again!"

~~

Percy noticed that her dorm hasn't changed much. Her bed left was left alone. It was not made, just like she left it. She went to her dresser and opened it. There were three things in it. A piece of mirror, a pendant and a photograph.

These might not make sense to others, but to her, it meant the world. She took the small mirror in her hand smiling. She knew this. She had searched it in camp, but here it was sitting innocently. She and the twins had charmed this mirror to a communication device. It wasn't unlike the one the Marauders had. She never left without it whether to save the world or to lunch, she never left it. She assumed that Hera had taken it.

Then she took the photograph. It was an old picture of the trio. It was taken when they were in their first year. They had their arms around each other with Percy in the center. They were all laughing merrily at the camera. 'How innocent I was! How happy!' She thought to herself as she gently touched the Weasley on her right in the picture.

She remembered that day, it was their first ever prank they had done together. The small ink blot for the wonderfully long and beautiful story. Her smile widened.

Atlast, she took the pendant. It was a real seashell. It was a gift from Fred. He somehow knew she loved these although she had never said it out loud. She unclasped it. She had made customized the outer surface though she managed to retain its natural beauty.

Inside, was a beautiful picture. It was a sea with all shades blue and green imaginable with black at all the right places. It portrayed a moonlit sea. The stars painted on it sparked. It also had line passing in the center which represented the land. On the middle of the line, right below the moon, was a silhouette of a girl. Her hair was blown to one side and a sea green trident, not so different from the sea, was painted on her chest. Near her was a woman's silhouette with a blue cupcake painted on her chest. Then there were two other identical figures, they were two boys with identical fireworks painted on their chest. It went on like that, silhouettes of people that had symbols on their chest that represented them.

Perci loved art. She paints well too, but she never told or showed it to anyone. Especially, she loved painting on small objects. Fred, Mom and Annabeth were the only ones knew about this. Though, it was the redhead who had actually seen her sketchbook. He had gasped out loud at how realistic it was and had encouraged her to continue to do the good work. That year, on Christmas, he had gifted this to her. It was close to her heart. She wore it from then on, never taking it off but it was never shown to others.