Chapter 2

Y/N stand in front of her mirror, her new working clothes clutching to her body like it's made for her. It's a black dress which reaches to her knees. Thankfully she doesn't have to wear an apron. The dress has little thin lines running in zigzag pattern around the bottom. She has to admit that it looks nice and doesn't feel like work clothes. She has a name tag attached to her left breast and nice black sneakers. She combs her hair while she admires her outfit and puts it up into a ponytail, so it doesn't get in the way while she works. She gives herself a last proud look to her appearance, then she grabs her bag and gets on her way to the tower.

As she steps in she's immediately greeted with a mess. The main hall she just cleaned yesterday looks like a war zone. Smashed glass lies around, holes in the walls are to be seen, and some of them too big to be caused from bullets and all the Avengers are down there. Steve and Sam Wilson are holding down a man with dark, long hair, whose face Y/N can't see. He's wrestling and struggling to get free. Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton helped an out of it Tony Stark to sit on one of the couches and a silently nervous Bruce Banner comes out of an elevator with a bag in hand. He crouches down beside Steve and seems to inject the brown haired man something. A few seconds later he stops struggling and grunting and goes limp. Everybody sighs in relive. Sam slumps down on the ground while Steve stand back up, puts his hand on his hips and stares at the ceiling while turning around. Then his gaze meets Y/N's. "Y/N!" Every head in the room shots up and is directed at her. She blushes and takes a step back while Steve comes up to her. "How long have you been here? Did you get injured?" He hovers over her and searches for any kind of injury. Y/N manages to shake her head, her gaze directs on the unconscious man on the floor. Then she lifts her hand and points at him. "Is he okay?" Steve turns and throws a swift look at him. "Bucky will be okay in a bit." He turns back to her again and lays his hand on her shoulders. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I just got here. What happened here? This is a mess." She gestures around the room and her eyes meet the ones of Tony. "Ah, well. Seems Bucky got a bad nightmare. He was a little out of control after waking up. You know him, do you? That he was used to..."

"To get brainwashed, I know. Didn't think I would see him, though." Her gaze wanders back to the man on the floor and makes a step forward, but Steve lays a hand on her shoulder again. "Let him be. He needs his space, especially when he wakes up later." She looks at Steve but nods. The thought of Bucky being alone makes her sad, but then she reminds herself that she doesn't even know this man. Why do I care about him like this?

A clearing throat gets her back out of her stupor. "It's nice to see that you accepted the promotion." Y/N looks up at Tony who now stands up on slightly shaking legs and makes his way to her. "May I introduce you? This is Y/N. She's our new personal cleaning girl"; he gestures at her and looks at the remaining teammates. Then he turns to her gain. "I figure you know everybody here."

"I do. It's nice to meet you", Y/N feels herself blush as all the eyes fix on her. "I hope it doesn't look like this upstairs, because if, so I'm gonna quit right away." She looks around the room again as the whole room laughs. Tony claps her on the back, again a little too hard, so she stumbles right into Steve, who's still standing slightly in front of her. He catches her and smiles at her, his hands on her hips. Y/N feels herself blush even more, and she's sure know that she looks like a tomato, so she refuses to look at his face and directs her eyes down to her shoes instead. He releases her again and just stands next to her. They all gather their things up, while Steve and Sam grab Bucky to get him into one of Bruce's labs. Natasha and Clint walk to the elevator while Tony turns to Y/N again. "C'mon. I'll show you around."

* * *

It had taken an hour for Y/N to get around all the floors and to see which room belongs to whom. Tony had given her a list with rules to follow, which included all the rules the Avengers had for their own rooms. While Steve doesn't have any rules; Clint ordered her to never touch his bow and arrows. Natasha said she can clean everything as well as Sam. Tony won't let her in his lab at all and about his rooms, she has to discuss everything with Pepper, while Bruce said he has just a few areas in his lab she is allowed in. He's barely in his room, so she could clean whenever she wants. Wanda and Vision, who Y/N hadn't seen yet, wants to clean their rooms themselves, so she isn't allowed in them, either. That left just Bucky. His name isn't listed, so Y/N had asked Tony about it, but he answered that she can't get in his room yet and that she has to talk to him personally. If he talks to her that is.