Bull Doctor's Charge

Author's Note:

So I thought this one up after beating Chapter 2 and while listening to a certain song by a certain Swedish group shortly after. Not to mention part of this actually happened in my playthrough and I thought it was pretty cool, so I thought I'd add dialogue to it. Anyway, hope you enjoy. Also, spoilers for the end of Chapter 2.

_____

The explosive devices W flung onto Matterhorn and Savage were nearing the end of their countdown. Several devices like it had already taken a majority of the squad out of comission. The Doctor felt helpless as all he could do was watch. Finally, they detonated, but the pair remained standing and exchanged a solemn nod. Matterhorn raised his sword to strike back, but the Reunion member flung another device that exploded on impact. The proud protector went down hard, leaving Savage to defend alone.

"Just hang on a little longer, Savage!" was all the Doctor could say. He clenched his fists as she tightened her grip on her sledgehammer. W sauntered nonchalantly towards her with a smug grin. "Platinum! Red! Now!" He shouted. Platinum jumped up onto a perch to W's right and knocked an arrow as Projekt Red charged at her from behind, both women seething from having been knocked down by W only moments before. The smug aura of W instantly disappeared and she flung a timed explosive onto the final operators.

"I'll end you before it goes off!" Projekt Red sneered. The trio relentlessly attacked W for the duration of the timer, but the arrows and the blades and the hammer strikes didn't seem to phase her. The devices went off again.

"NOOO!!!" the Doctor shouted, wishing he could do something. He fell to his knees. A cloud of smoke obscured his line-of-sight to W, but he knew she'd emerge shortly. As he began to give up hope, he saw a smile creep along Platinum's face.

"You're too late," she whispered. "You've ignored the final Pawn. Now you shall contend with a new Queen." After that, she closed her eyes.

"I don't believe so," W sang. "This has been all too easy. Are you ready to go, good Doctor?" The smoke began to part and he could now clearly see her, but he also saw another outline followed by breaths of sheer anger. Savage burst forth from the smoke, badly wounded, but strong as ever.

"DID I SAY I WAS FINISHED!?!?" she screamed and struck the Reunion Leader in the chest and knocked her to the ground. Savage advanced closer and brought her hammer over her head to finish the job. W's eyes were full of fear as she snapped her fingers and dissapeared into a puff of smoke, barely avoiding being crushed.

"That's it! That's all of them," Instructor Dobermann said over the comms.

"Savage! You did it!" the Doctor cheered and took a step to race over to her, but Amiya grabbed his shoulder to hold him back.

"It's over already? No fun," Savage gave an exhausted smile and leaned against her hammer before collapsing to the ground. He tried to go to her side, or to the side of any of his operators, but Amiya kept a firm grip on him. He looked back at her, his eyes pleading with her behind his mask to let him go.

"There's still Reunion nearby," she explained sadly.

Fast-forward to after W leaves

"It's time to get out of here," Nearl informed them.

"What about the others?" the Doctor asked.