The Good Doctor

Operator Kroos woke up in the infirmary. Her body hurt a lot, but she could still move. The medical Operators told her she would probably be discharged tomorrow with some medication. She couldn't wait to get out. Being cooped up in the infirmary had made her start to get a bit stir crazy, even if she'd only been there for a day. At least she had Fang to keep her company. When she looked around out of boredom, something on the table next to her caught her eye. They were napkins. One had the words "Get well" messily scrawled on it and the other was rolled up in what looked like a golf tee. "Eh?" she thought aloud. She glanced over and saw one by a sleeping Fang as well. "When did these get here? Does somebody want to go golfing with us? Why? I don't play golf."

_____

Operator Savage held the "flower" close. Like the "letter", it was poorly made and resembled a golf tee more than anything, but it was the thought that counted. She knew Amiya had excellent penmanship and would have brought her actual flowers from the greenhouse, so it couldn't have been her. The Cautus Operator smiled at the gesture and mused to herself, "Thank you, Doctor."

_____

Operator Matterhorn found himself surrounded by his colleagues. Operator Courier at one side and Young Master Enciodas Silverash fiddling with a napkin to transform it into something akin to a flat-top Aster on the The other. "Young Master? What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like, old friend?" the young man smiled warmly, a rarity these days. "I've come to pay you a visit. I heard you were injured when defending our ally, the good Doctor of Rhodes Island."

"That is correct, Young Master," Matterhorn nodded. "How fares the Doctor?"

"From what I have gathered, he is quite well. I suspect he is responsible for the crude letter and... this," he gestured to the paper flower in his hands. "It looked like a stalactite before I got a hold of it, but it is possible it was supposed to be a flower."

Matterhorn looked to his side and saw a napkin amongst various other letters wishing him well. "The Doctor was here?"

"Unless you and that kind blacksmith produced an heir I don't know about, in which case you would be more than overdue for a celebration and vacation time, the Doctor is the one who left you the letter with childlike penmanship," his employer handed him the paper trinket and the napkin before cocking his brow at him, "Unless..."

"Lady Vulcan and I are merely friends," Matterhorn shook his head.

Enciodas shrugged and said, "Well, you can thank our ally after all, then." The Young Master stood up and began to depart. "The other letters appear to be from my sisters. If you see them, please send them my regards. I am glad you are well, my dear friend. Come along, Weiss."

"I will, Young Master," Matterhorn pledged. "Thank you for coming to see me." When they left, he examined the rudimentary gifts he'd received. When did you leave these here, Doctor? And how? Your injuries were overall worse than mine.

_____

Amiya frantically searched the halls. When she went to check on the Doctor, his room was empty and his sheets were in shambles. She decided against placing the base on alert to avoid panic, but she couldn't help but feel worried. The medical team didn't have answers on his whereabouts either. Amiya eventually stumbled into Projekt Red's room, but she was also gone. Don't panic, Amiya. Red has always been able to recover quickly. It doesn't mean she's in trouble too... Not that Doctor is in trouble... But what if he IS?! Rhodes Island's young leader groaned in frustration and continued her frantic search. In desperation, she decided to check on the other Operators injured during the Chernobog operation. Her check paid off as she found Projekt Red stalking around the hallway containing the rooms of Operators Orchid, Texas, and Perfumer.