Why?

Fate asked me to cross checked again and I did. But I just didn't feel it's okay,yet I clicked submit and submitted it. I paid her and bid her bye.

I was on my way home when I called momma and told her where I put as my jamb centre. She was perplexed and asked me why I put Kano. She knew very well how I hate Kano and the Boko haram issue that's happening there.

"Baby why? Why did you put Kano? For all I know, you don't like Kano State and what they are facing now is so traumatic. Please just go back to that cafe and change the centre to Katsina,or else you are not going to write the jamb at all." Then she hungs up without waiting for my response.

When I reached home,momma was waiting for me in her parlour. I made salam and entered. I greeted her but she only looked at me once and told me to go meet my dad in his sitting room.

"Baby your dad wants to talk with you. And I know you know what the talk is all about. I told him everything!"

"Oh mom! You shouldn't have told him. Nothing will happen to me. I know your fear,you don't want your baby girl to die, right? That's why you are hell bent on not approving me to go."

"Hmmm,you simply don't know what is happening out there, that's why you want to take yourself to where trouble is. I am your mother and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Relax momma, will you? I'll be fine in shaa Allah, nothing bad will happen to me. I'll go and come back hearty, with a good result of course. I only need your prayers now. Let me hurry to dad and hear what he has to say. I know the story is the same as yours." She gave me a slap on the back and I ran away laughing.

I opened the door to his sitting room,i peeped in and there I saw my dad watching News. I made my salaam and greeted him. I sat on the rug near his foots and waited for him to start talking.

"Husnah,your momma told me about your jamb registration and your place of jamb. Why did you choose Kano? Why not Katsina? Don't you know what's happening there?"

"Nothing dad,I just want a change of place. You see my first jamb was here in Katsina and I didn't make. That's why I want to go to another state, just maybe I might make it. And they said jamb centres in Kano are good. Dad even Teema is going to write hers in Kano,we can even go together. And yes,I know what's happening there. Just pray for me please,it shall be well."

"This doesn't make any sense. You can write your jamb here and get good result. And simply because your friend is going there that's why you want too? Well,is fine, since you think is okay. We are merely worried about you. Is well tho,you can go my dear. Our prayers are always with you. I also pray you make a good result." I thanked him and left.

I met momma in her room and told her what dad said. She was still not okay with it but just let go. She prayed for my success and safe travel.

"Awwn, thank you momma and Amin to all the prayers. I love you so much,you are the best. I'll surely make you proud."

She only gave me that motherly smile. I gave her a peck and went to my room to take a shower due to the harsh weather.

After the shower I changed to an armless pencil gown. I laid down to rest before I had my lunch. And there I started recalling what happened earlier. I then asked myself,"why did I choose Kano,of all the states in Nigeria? Why?"

Who can answer her question? Why?

Any idea?

Well, follow me let's find out😁

Don't forget to vote and comment

#vote#comment
#asmabeeb44
#Onelove😘🤞