And That Concludes Knife Safety Camp!

When Eren woke up, he honestly didn't remember talking to Armin the night before, much less agreeing to anything.

"Eren you promised!" Armin pouted as he pulled on his sleeve in an attempt to pull Eren towards the medic office.

Eren sighed, "I already told you I really don't remember agreeing to anythin'."

"Seriously Eren, you looked walls awful last night, all you have to do is go get a quick check up."

"I get that you think I looked bad last night but look at me now," Eren responded as he gestured towards his face, "Does this look like someone who is sick?"

Armin frowned. "You can never know-and why are you being so stubborn about this! Just go get your temperature and if you're fine you'll be able to make it back in time for lineup."

"I'm being stubborn because there's no point in possibly missing part of morning lineup, making the commander mad, for absolutely no reason!"

"So you're admitting that you don't have a legitimate reason to not go?"

"Huh?" Eren responded, confused.

"The commander doesn't mind if you're late because of the medic, due to the plague scare a few months back." Armin smirked as he crossed his arms.

Shit, Eren had forgotten about that, despite it being the whole reason he was sure his plan to hide his wrist injury by pretending to be sick would work.

Around three months back, a couple of recruits had returned from visiting their families in the Calaneth district just a few days before an epidemic struck. Although they knew about the situation, because they hadn't been showing symptoms at the time, they weren't allowed to be exempt from training.

By the time the worst of the sickness was upon them they'd already infected half of the camp.

While it was much less intense in the camp, due to easier access to medical supplies, a number of cadets were rendered totally unable to train for weeks, even months afterwards.

(Some had also died, but Eren preferred not to think about that.)

Eren huffed, "It's a perfectly legitimate reason to not want to go! Plus what if he says something important during lineup?"

"Then I'll tell you later, but for walls sake just visit the medic!" Armin practically shouted, throwing his hands into the air. "You literally have no reason not to!"

Eren grimaced. He certainly had a couple of reasons he really didn't want to, but it wasn't like he could tell Armin.

"Look, I just don't want to, Ok?"

"Eren..."

He decided to look away, knowing exactly what was coming.

Armin looked up at him, lowering his eyebrows and starting to tear up for effect. "Y'know I'm just concerned for you right? Both me and Mikasa."

Fuck, this was part of what Eren was worried about. At some point Armin had realized that he could play both of his friends like a fiddle simply by playing up the whole 'I'm weak and need to be protected and only care about your wellbeing act' and despite the fact that Eren knew full well it was a trick, Sina was Armin good at it.

Eren turned away and crossed his arms.

"No, we've got lineup in twenty five minutes and there's no point."

"C'mon Eren it'll be quick, plus you don't want Mikasa to become involved and get worried do you?"

Oh so he was moving away from manipulation into direct threats now. Well two could play at that game.