Please Just Tell Your Friends the Truth Man

When Eren woke up again everything was a little weird.

He couldn't remember where he was or what he was doing, but he felt a solid pressure against the back of his head and around his throat, stemming from his nape.

Wherever he was it was sweltering though. Something weighed down his eyelids, disallowing him from opening them as he continued to sit in the heat.

It reminded him of the time it'd rained during the summer months, the temperature never dropping enough for the rain to feel refreshing as it soaked his family's wood cabin, while inside the air would always feel sticky, hot and damp, with no way to escape.

He'd heard at some point the nobles had long since solved the problem of humidity during the rainy season, but for the longest time he'd thought it a myth. After all, how does one change the weather?

Although the air felt sticky and hot against his face, he had no trouble breathing, as he'd had during the warm rainy season, nor was he sweating. It actually felt...pleasant. As if he were floating and nothing could harm him.

Wishing to see what was creating such paradise he pushed against the weight on his tired eyelids and opened them a crack only to see...meat?

Sleep left his body as his eyes shot open, now noticing whatever was attached to his cheeks and the weird wall of tissue in front of him.

Eren's mind immediately assumed the worst as he screamed, his arms and legs rendered immobile as they were fused to this thing, this disgusting mash of flesh and blood that he could see faintly pulsing in time with his heartbeat.

He began to struggle, kicking and thrashing as he attempted to free his arms, his legs, Walls , anything to get him out of this fleshy hell.

He continued to thrash until he ripped his head back, and finally, finally there was a tearing sound as the flesh on his cheeks and arms began to pull away, and fuck it hurt, why did it hurt?

Now with his head outside of the cavity it had previously been placed in, he could see the skin of the large creature, pale and unwieldy, seeming to be some sort of back and shoulder muscle. He quickly wiggled his arms and legs out of their fleshy prison as he fell back onto his butt, muscular tendrils still attached to his cheek.

He stared in both awe and terror at the monstrosity before him, seeming to be an incomplete recreation of a human's upper torso, complete with two large hands wrapped around where the throat would be, as the previous events hit him.

He'd been dying.

He'd been dying . He felt it too. The energy leaving his body as it became colder and colder as he lost all ability to move. His eyes closing on their own, kinda like when you hit your head too hard and somebody tells you to stay awake, but you just can't, and fuck he should have been dead.

He should be dead.

Eren rubbed at his throat, feeling nothing, not even a raised mass of skin where the freshly healed should have been as the monstrosity started to hiss.

A large blast of steam smacked him in the face, rustling both his hair and clothes as the mass seemed to split apart in front of him, the two arms falling apart to the forest floor.

He simply stared for a second, watching as it seemed to melt to the ground, muscles and sinew falling off the bone like limp noodles as they shriveled up and disappeared. Thick vertebrae and ribs still stood proud in front of him, however they to were steaming away, leaving wisps of steam to float upwards, descending the treetops in a curling motion.