Is Titan Flesh Edible?

Although she probably should have expected it, Annie was still shocked once she saw the familiar glow of lightning crash around Eren as she was thrown to the side due to the intense burst of heat. She knew that no matter how close she was, Eren shifting wouldn't be able to cause any real damage to her, as it simply didn't produce enough heat or blast force to do anything other than knock her off balance and sweat a little bit, but it was still certainly uncomfortable.

As the mass of flesh began to twist and contort itself into shape, Annie began to quickly move around and scan the area, just to make sure that nobody else happened to be around or see. She knew from experience that unless you were inside a building or hidden within something tall enough, the bolt of lightning would be visible for miles, but that could be played off relatively easily if it happened to be visible.

What she was really worried about was whether these trees would be tall enough to fully hide Eren.

Aside from the colossal, the biggest titan she had seen after a shift was the beast titan, only seventeen meters tall, which was still taller than the previous holder by a small margin, but not a big deal. The real issue here was that she had no fucking clue how tall the coordinate was supposed to be.

She'd heard accounts in the past that had said it was as big a mile high, towering over all armies in sight and simply overwhelming them with sheer size rather than using any sort of special power. Yet she'd also seen drawings from history books of old which depicted it as a meek little thing, no bigger than five or so meters, according to its size in relation to humans, which left the lovely little range of so big Eren would be seen by every human within the walls and probably regarded as a demon (or god) for years to come, or so small that he could be kicked around by other titans.

Great.

She popped the small blade out of her ring and slid a small line across her thumb, just enough to draw blood, just in case.

Hopefully Eren had shifted due to his goal of trying to grab the knife, and not because he was focused on being angry at Annie, because she had no doubts that she could take Eren down-I mean, this was his first full shift after all, and she already kicked his ass during normal training, so unless his titan ended up being super fucking massive, it'd be like taking candy from a baby-but she did have doubts as to whether she could take Eren down silently.

As long as he had been calm when he shifted rather than in a blind rage, he shouldn't have too much trouble controlling his titan, but even then that could be sketchy.

And the last thing she needed is for the whole camp to come running just in time to see her ripping Eren out of a titan carcass.

She continued to stay on edge as the forming skull rose, up, up, until she started having trouble seeing the exact details of his face. As bones began to appear out of thin air, coagulating into an unrecognizable mess before separating to form a ribcage and arms. As muscle began to run over these bones, a livid red that was soon swallowed by familiar tan skin, disappearing wholly beneath the vast expanse that stretched upwards.

As the body continued to spiral towards the ground Annie became able to make out the small distinct bones that would become the ankle forming within the whirlwind of flesh and heat and breathed a sigh of relief. From where she stood it looked as if Eren's titan would end up being around fourteen or fifteen meters tall, still large for titan standards but a far cry from the mile high stories that she had heard.

She'd have to ask Eren and others later if they had any sort of myth or story about any such thing, very carefully of course.

Once the titan fully formed Annie stepped back into the clearing, still with the small cut across her thumb. Judging by the fact that Eren hadn't moved or roared it looked as if he was relatively in control at worst, and in full control at best, but she could be wrong.