Realizing what love is Mammon

Art credit @rfuuriee_ on Instagram

I was invited to tag along with Mammon downtown to go do some illegal gambling. At first I really did not want join him on his money gambling activities. But after he promised to buy me dinner on our way back I couldn't turn down the offer. After all it was Beel's turn to cook today and we all know he ends up eating the pot before actually serving us the food, and to be honest I didn't feel like sleeping with hunger tonight. As I'm putting on my earrings Mammon decides to burst into my room with an obnoxious smile. "(Y/n)! There you are let's go or else we're gonna miss all the fun!" He chirps placing his hands on his hips and I swear I saw stars sprawling out of him. I do one final check of my attire/makeup before turning around to meet him. I send him a smile as I play with the sides of my dress and twirl for him. I'm wearing a (f/c) skin tight dress that stops mid thigh. It has a plunging V line as well as a bare back to show off my skin. "So what do you think?" I ask Mammon who's having a hard time containing himself. "W-W-Whatever! Ugh but since you a-asked I t-think it looks f-f-fine on you! Don't think anything o-o-of that compliment human! I-It was only because you asked f-for my opinion!" He stammers a visible blush appears on his nose and cheeks as he takes my hand and rushes me out the door. I giggle at his stupidity and let him take the lead as we sneak out the house. He made sure to tell me not to let Lucifer find out about our plans for tonight since he'll most likely prevent us from going. Which is why we are sneaking out during the time everyone stays in their room before dinner.

We make it out without any problems and continue our walk downtown. I sigh as Mammon releases my hand and my eyes dart up to the dark sky. A distant memory flashes before my eyes remembering the night sky from the human world. I feel myself softly smile at the memory loving how even tho I've been here for a while I still haven't forgotten the human side of me. "If you keep starring at the sky you'll bump into something." Mammon says snapping me out of my trance. I feel my cheeks slightly heat up and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "You're right Im sorry I was just remembering something." I admit smiling as Mammon opens the door to a fancy looking building. I thank him as I step inside and wait for him to continue walking. "You're so lucky you have the great Mammon by your side or else who knows what could've happened to you." He retorts in a less enthusiastic manner than usual. I notice this and look at his eyes searching for an unknown emotion I've never seen from him before. "Mammon is something wro-" before I could finish my sentence a familiar person walks up to us. "Wow I didn't think you'd actually come Mammon and you brought (y/n) too that's great!" Solomon greets. I send him a weary smile as I wave at him surprised to see him here. "I didn't know you were also coming Solomon." I admit following him after he motions for us to follow him. "I'm surprised Mammon didn't mention anything about me to you. Anyways I found this place a couple weeks ago let's go have fun yeah?" Solomon asks as he stops in front of a golden door. Mammon seems to have realize he's been zoning out and smiles as he laughs. "Haha yeah! Let's go have some fun (y/n)!"

❣︎

After Mammon almost got beat up for trying to steal others belongings, we decide to head home. We said our goodbyes to Solomon and head back into town to have dinner. I laugh remembering the look on Mammon's face when he got caught red handed. "Mammon oh my god that was hilarious!" I laugh as I hold on to his arm fearing that if I don't I'll fall. Mammon scuffs as a smile appears his lips, "Yeah yeah whateva let's go to Hell's Kitchen I'm starvin'." His hand finds its way to the small of my back as he guides me through the doors. Once we find our seats and order our food I look at Mammon's eyes. He seems rather distracted today and isn't acting like his obnoxious overprotective self. Could it maybe be because his brothers aren't around to interrupt us? Or perhaps he regrets inviting me? Maybe my presence is an annoyance to him and he wants nothing more than to get this night over with? "Hey if you're gonna keep starin' at me take a picture it'll last longer." Mammon says interrupting my thoughts. I blush and send him an apologetic smile, "Oh I'm sorry I was thinking and I happen to be starring at you that's all." Mammon sighs at this and shakes his head as a more somber look overtakes his features. "Earlier when we snuck out I realized you were thinkin' of your time during the human world weren't ya'?" He says looking straight into my eyes. I could feel my smile falter as my hand resting on my thigh flys up to caress Mammon's knuckles. "Is that why you've been so serious all night?" I ask relief washing over me knowing my presence wasn't annoying him. "A-Answer my question (y/n) do you miss the human world or not?" He pressures determination written across his features. Smiling I open my mouth to speak, "Yes I do miss feeling the suns rays on my skin. I miss looking up at the starry night sky counting the endless stars under the glowing moon." Mammon has a look of defeat as his hand pulls itself away from mine. "However, I wouldn't trade being down here in the Devildom with you for anything. I mean that Mammon, you're such a great guy and I appreciate everything you and your brothers have done for me." I finish reaching out for his hand once more. His features light up and with an urge of confidence his hands intertwines itself with mine. His tan hand is much more larger than mine perfectly connecting together like a long-time missing puzzle piece.

"(Y/n) do you really mean that?" I giggle as I lean a little closer to him. "I sure do." I say smiling as Mammon grows a smile of his own. "I... I love you (y/n) a-and I don't want anyone of my b-brothers havin' ya okay!" Mammon blushes at his confession. I blush not expecting this sudden confession either. My brain freezes not knowing how to respond as Mammon sits across me fighting his habit of stammering and blushing. "I'm trying- What I'm trying to say is do ya wanna be my girlfriend? Ahh I'm sorry you don't have to agree it's just..." Mammon looks down at our intertwine hands and let's out a sigh trying to calm himself down.

"Ever since I first laid eyes on ya there was always somethin' about ya drawin' me in. Then I was assigned to watch over ya and to be honest I'm glad I was. As the months progressed I found out more and more about ya and suddenly before I knew it I developed feelings." Mammon looks up into my eyes and my throat hitches realizing he's not the same Mammon anymore. This Mammon sitting in front of me is serious, emotional, and best of all an affectionate man who is unafraid of spilling out his feelings nor caring if it's too 'sentimental' for a man to do so. Tears sting the corner of my eyes as he tightens his grip on my hand with both of his. "I ended up having to compete for your love with my other siblings and I wasn't too happy bout' that. There were days I had lost all hope and truly believed you saw me as nothin' more than a friend. But after hearing ya words tonight I realized where I stand in your life. So (y/n) I really do love ya and it would mean the world to me if you became my girlfriend." He finishes searching my face for a reaction of any kind. My other hand flies up to cover my mouth as silent tears stream down my face. "Of course Mammon I love you too." I say wiping my tears as he gets up to give me a hug. I do the same and hold him tight taking in his cologne while smiling at this special interaction.

After we sit back down Mammon is very bubbly and joyful throughout the rest of the night. Our dinner was delicious and we head straight home after we're done. Before we enter the house of lamentation Mammon pulls me close and gives me a sweet kiss. I return the favor and giggle when his lips nibble on my ear. "Come to my room tonight will ya? Make sure no one sees you." I nod and do just that.

That night we both became one and realized what love truly was.

❣︎

Note:

Omg I'm like trying to update this book to have more than one scenario and tbh I think it's going well. I already have something written for next chapter so that's a poggers. Anyways let me know what y'all thought of this I welcome all criticism! Just don't be too toxic I have feelings too ❣︎
Best regards!

~Fckbooty (a.k.a. Elle)