Beatrice Meets The momma CQ kids Chapter 1

Chapter 1 : New friends and 'New' enemies?

It was just a regular morning, very regular and very boring. I (Beatrice) woke up at 12:30 having a lie in because well... I was up until 4 last night. Anyway after getting dressed I walked out the door with my dog Marcelline and said goodbye to my sisters (all 8 of them) and my mother.

I was walking down the street when I saw 2 skeletons: one was wearing a navy blue oversized hoodie and the other skeleton's outfit just screamed 90s (I secretly enjoyed this type of clothing and I loved his sunglasses). There was nothing I could really do so I didn't think about it too much until the two walked past me happily chatting away. I instantly knew what I wanted (my shyness being my only weakness). I just wanted friends.I tried to follow them to say something but I just shyed away thinking maybe another time, if this coincidence were to happen again of course, so I slowly continued my walk with Marcelline.

However, I didn't expect to see another colourful skeleton later that day. After I got myself a huge lunch, I wandered to the park. There I saw an enthusiastic skeleton that came up to me just to say how pretty and colourful I looked (with Marcelline hidden in my bag). Now this made me remember my exact thoughts from earlier that day (and this is impressive considering how bad my memory is!) This was my chance, maybe I could finally make a friend! So I just said, "Thanks,I really like your scarf!"
"Thank you," he answered happily.
"No problem."
"Hey do you want to be friends?" he asked.
"Really?"
"Yeah!"
I froze in extreme excitement, shaking, and then responded with, "YES! Oh sorry, yes please."
"Ok then see you"
"Oh ok bye"
"Wait!"
"Huh?"
"I forgot to ask, what's your name? I'm Ink."
"Oh I'm Beatrice although I'm terrible with names, sorry if I forget yours."
"It's ok, bye now."
"Bye Ink."

I walked back to my house. "I've had a long day," I quietly mumbled, smiling. "Maybe I'll see Ink tomorrow." I thought to myself. Considering this was my first time making a friend, I hadn't done too badly.

After I got home, I went to my own special world. It was a place that looked like a galaxy and anything you wanted could be created, everywhere you stepped on the floor would ripple like water. It was a colourful peaceful place.
I had entered, me, the curious forever 10 year old (who looked quite mature).

I loved this place, it even created my happiness

There I played for hours with my imaginary friend Lillia, a neko girl and Emily, a half angel half demon - they were real, just somewhere else in reality - we had so much fun. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay there forever. We said our goodbyes and then I walked off, back into the real world.

The next day I took Marcelline and myself to the same park I went to yesterday. "Maybe I'll see Ink again!" I whispered to myself. "Come on Marce, we're going to the park!". Then Marcelline quickened her pace, then when we were there I did see Ink again but with someone else. It was a skeleton with blue marks down his face. I recognised these marks and decided to go up to Ink, just making sure to be calm and quiet like my usual self.
"H-hi Ink!" I stuttered my confidence lowering back down to its original state.
"Oh hi Beatrice" Ink responded, looking surprised but excited to see me.
He was going to say something else but then he noticed the other skeleton was behind him, cautiously looking at me. I gently waved to him with a small smile.
"Error, why don't you say hello?" Ink asked.
"..." He didn't say anything.
"You don't have to."
"Hi.. I-I'm ... Error," the skeleton had introduced himself.
"I'm Beatrice," I slowly replied.
An awkward silence filled the air before Ink tried to bring up a topic.
"So Beatrice do you like drawing?"
My confidence suddenly came back, I loved art!
"Y-yeah! But I also like ripping them to pieces sometimes. I don't know why though,"
Error and Ink looked at me in confusion.
" I... I don't know why I like it!" I said in response to their silence.
Error carried on looking at me less cautiously, but he was still on his guard. I didn't think this was weird though because so was I, he seemed to like the fact that I liked to rip things apart like a saw. I carried on talking about it and then I asked Ink what he likes to do. I would ask Error but he was nervous and I knew how that felt.
"I like to paint and draw," Ink responded.
Then I said, "Error is there anything you like to do? I-I mean you don't have to say but-"
" I like to ..." Error was going to say something but immediately after got really embarrassed.
Ink knew what he was going to say but didn't mention it (he would probably anger Error if he did). I quickly said something again: "Uhhhh when can I see you again Ink?" I did want to say Error as well but I didn't know how he felt about me.
" I don't know," Ink responded.
"So...how can we know?" I asked.
"Maybe I can go and ask."
"Ok."
"Why don't you go and ask?"
"Okay, I will -oh before I go will you go to the park tomorrow?"
"Actually I will be at home, but if I ask now maybe you can come over!"
"Ok"
So I waited before Ink came back to me.
"Mum said you can"
I was excited I could go and see Ink again.
"But some other people are going to be there too, if that's ok."
I didn't like too many people being around but I was sure I wouldn't mind a few.
"That's ok," I responded.
"Okay, I have to go now, bye Beatrice. -Oh.. and I think your dog looks cute! "
"Bye Ink!" I said, excitement in my tone.