1. Here We Go

"(Y/N) are you all packed?" My mom calls from the other room.
"Yeah. I'm all ready to go. Uniforms all in there, same with my makeup and my accessories." I say.
"Hygiene products?" My mom asks.
"Yep. Deodorant, toothbrush and paste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, washcloths, perfume, face wash, and my soap." I tell her as she enters my room.
"Clothing?" She asks.
"The dress for our formal dance, all of the uniform dresses, pants, and shirts, underwear, bras, socks, and all my pajamas." I say.
"Makeup?" My mom asks.
She wasn't calling me ugly. She knows how much I love doing makeup.
"Primer, foundation, mascara, lipstick, powder, concealer, blush, bronzer, highlight, eyeshadow, eyeliner, gloss, brushes, brush cleaner, and my eyeliner." I say.
"Technology?" She asks. "I have any of the meds already packed like Advil and stuff."
"Thanks Mom, and yeah, my laptop and chargers. I have my phone on me." I say.
"We'll go get dressed gorgeous. We have to get going. in 3 hours." My mom explains.
I throw on a cute, baby pink dress. It has two thin straps on the shoulders and the skirt part is ruffly.
I also make sure to add my favorite necklace. It's the one my mom got me for my 13th birthday a few years ago.
I add the bracelets from my aunt to spice it up and a pair of gold heart earrings.
I look in the mirror.
Perfect.
I quickly apply my normal makeup, making it look light and natural.
Then I do my eyes with a baby pink eyeshadow and lips with a light pink and gloss to match.
I then add a small dab of shiney white to the corners of my eyes and mascara.
Done! And I look nice.
I hop down the stairs to get to the front door with my normal show choice. I pop on my new pink flats and they look nice with my outfit.

 I pop on my new pink flats and they look nice with my outfit

(^^the outfit)
"Honey you look so beautiful!" My mom exclaims.
"Thanks Mom!" I say happily and kiss her on the cheek.
I run back up my stairs and throw my hair into a bun.
I walk back down the stairs and my mom hands me a glass of orange juice and a bowl of mixed fruit.
"You excited peanut?" She asks.
She's called me peanut for as long as I could remember. It was her thing. And only she would call me that.
"Yeah. The uniforms are super cute!" I say happily.
She had shown me them on her phone the other day. I fell in love with how simple yet charming they were. I bet the boys would look nice in theirs.

(^^the uniforms)I finished breakfast and it was time to go

(^^the uniforms)
I finished breakfast and it was time to go.
"I'll grab your suitcase. You just need to make sure you have everything. Walk around the house one last time." My mom says.
"Thanks." I say.
She offers me a small smile. She knew how lucky I was to get into Everglade Boarding School. Well, "lucky".
It wasn't like it was for super smart kids or anything. They just didn't have people apply. I heard there's only ever one a year.
And I was that one.
"Everything seems to be in order." My mom says walking around the house.
"Yep. Everything is in my bag." I say.
"I'm gonna miss you peanut." My mom says.
"I'll miss you too. But we can call and face time every so often." I tell her.
"Yeah. Let's get going. It's a 5 hour drive and we need to be there by 8." She says.
It's 2 right now. But I knew we would have stops.
-
-
-
We had been driving for 3 hours. So just 2 more to go.
"I'm stopping for snacks." Mom says.
"I'll run in and grab them." I say.
As I walk into the gas station I see a girl with her hair in a braid talking to a girl with dark brown hair and many braids. They look dressed up and around my age.
I wonder if they're going to the boarding school.
I grab my mom's favorite snacks and a few of mine before paying and going back into the car.
"Mom I'm back." I say with a smile.
"Let's get going. We're almost there!" My mom says.
"Mom, what was boarding school like for you?" I ask.
"It was the best year of my life. I went in my sophmore year just like you. I was 16. Just like you." We both giggle.
"It's where I met your dad." She sighs.
He had passed away when I was 2. He and my mom loved each other so much. But it was taken away from them.
"And where I met my best friend." She adds. "Oh, Jessie and I. We did all the dumb things together. Talked about boys, pranked the other girls, got in trouble."
We both laugh.
After talking a while, we make it there. And I feel myself getting really excited.
It was building up inside of me!
My mom gets my room and schedule and we head off.
We park in front of the room.
"Listen peanut. I want you to have fun here. I want you to make friends." She says.
"I'm not gonna get out of the car. It's, I quote 'embarrassing' for your mom to help you." We both laugh.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you too peanut." She says.
We sit in silence a few seconds before she hugs me and we say our goodbyes.
This is where it all begins.