18. Frypan's Food

I wake up in a room that's not mine. Where am I?
Oh that's right, I was staying with Harriet and Sonya for a little while. I just needed space from Teresa.
I was most likely gonna move back in with Teresa in a few days. I just wasn't quite ready yet.
"Morning (Y/N)!" I hear Sonya call.
They had already been dressed and I still had to get ready.
I was going to class like normal from now on. So I have to get ready for the day.
"Hey, how long do I have?" I ask
"Newt is gonna pick you up in about a half hour." Sonya says.
"A half hour!" I yell.
I scramble to get my outfit out. Today I was going with a skirt and top instead of a dress. I had worn the dress enough times while being here.
"Hurry up. He's gonna be here soon." Harriet calls.
"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" I ask.
"We didn't know what time we should or if you had an alarm set." Sonya says.
"I didn't. I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out because Newt will be here soon." I say sighing.
"It's fine. He loves you makeup or no makeup." Harriet says.
I smile at them.
"Thanks." I say.
"You're welcome!" Harriet says.
As I finish getting ready, there's a knock on the door to the room.
"Seems like he's here. You should go get the door (Y/N)." Sonya says.
"Yep. I will." I say.
I pop up from where I'm sitting and skip over to the door with excitement. Even if had only been a few hours since I had last seen him, I was excited to see him again.
I was always excited to see Newt.
"Hey!" I say as I open the door.
I let a huge smile fall to my face as I see Newt.
"Hello love!" He calls.
He pulls me into a hug. I hug back and we stay like this for a few seconds before I pull back.
"Ready to go get breakfast?" Newt asks.
"Ready as I'll ever be." I say taking his hand.
We walk hand in hand to the dining hall together and grab plates like normal.
When we get to the food area, we greet Frypan. A routine that I had gotten used to ever since being Newt's friend. We always made sure to greet him while getting our food.
"Hey Fry!" I say.
"Hello (Y/N)." He greets.
"Hey man." Newt says.
"Hey Newt." Fry responds. "Anything new with you guys?" He asks.
"Not too much. I'm assuming you heard what happened with Minho?" I ask.
"Yeah. That's unfortunate." Fry says. "It sucks that they don't believe you two. I sure do. Don't worry about him." Fry adds.
"Thanks Fry. It really means a lot. I mean, Teresa kicked me out of our room together because of it. Of course we've made up now." I say.
"Who did you stay with?" He asks.
"I'm staying with Newt's sister Sonya and her friend Harriet. I just need some space from Teresa right now." I explain.
"Yeah, makes sense. How's that going?" He asks.
"It's fun. They're both super nice and we all get along just fine." I say.
"That's good. I'm sure Newt appriciates you getting along with his sister." Fry says.
"Oh, of course I do." Newt says.
Fry puts our food on the trays and we say our goodbyes for now before going to our tables.
"Where do you wanna sit?" Newt asks.
"With Sonya and Harriet again of that's alright with you." I say.
"That's fine." He says smiling. "You know, I'm really glad you guys get along so well."
"She's really nice. I don't see a reason to not get along with her." I say.
"Aww. I love you." Newt says.
I give him a peck on the cheek.
"I love you too Newt." I say.
We walk over to the table that the girls are sitting at. They haven't gotten their food yet.
"Hey (Y/N)!" Sonya says with a big smile.
"Wow. Thanks Sonya. I feel honored you noticed your brother." Newt says.
"Well, you're my brother. She's my friend. I'm sorry." Sonya says.
Sonya, Harriet, and I laugh.
"Haha very funny girls." Newt says.
I just kiss him on the cheek again causing us to both blush.
"So, how's sleeping arrangements?" Newt asks.
"I really like it for now. We were up all night taking." Sonya says.
"About boys." I say giggling.
"And what boy were you talking about?" Newts asks with a smirk, looking at me.
"You." I say.
"Aww." Newt says.
"Turns out these two have crushes too." I say laughing.
"Who are the boys?" Newt asks.
"Like I would tell you." Sonya scoffs.
"I'm your brother." Newt says.
"That's even more of a reason for me to not tell you!" She yells.
We all start laughing and Newt joins in.
"Oh whatever. Sonya, you're impossible sometimes you know that?" Newt asks.
"Sometimes I feel like I'm succeeding at making your life just a little bit harder." Sonya says.
Newt just rolls his eyes and takes another bite of his breakfast and I do the same.
This morning we were having pancakes. And they were really good pancakes. Better than the ones I make at least.
"These are good." I say.
"Yeah, Sonya, we should go get breakfast." Harriet says.
Sonya nods and they leave newt and I alone at the table.
"So, how was the night?" He asks
"Fine honestly. I missed cuddling you though. That's always really nice." I say blushing. "How did you sleep?"
"I slept pretty well. No nightmares last night. That's good I suppose." Newt says.
"Newt, that's really good. I'm happy for you." I say.
I kiss him on the lips and he smiles.
"You're so cute." He says.
"Not as cute as you." I respond.
He rolls his eyes and goes back to eating, an obvious blush creeping to his cheeks.
"I'm excited to garden today." I admit.
"Why?" He asks.
"I get to see you. And Zart normally puts us together." I say.
"Aww. I love seeing you too. Especially because gardening is really fun. So it's nice to be able to have fun with you." Newt says.
"We're back!" Harriet announces.
Both girls plop their trays on the table and start to eat their breakfast.
"Okay, (Y/N). You were right. These are really good." Sonya says.
"I told you so." I say.
Sonya sticks her tounge out at me. This causes us both to laugh.
"I'm happy you two are dating." Sonya says.
"Thanks." I say.
"You guys look so happy together and I really hated seeing him so sad sometimes. Then you came along and made everything all better and I can't even begin to explain how happy you've made him." Sonya gushes.
This causes both Newt and I to start blushing a vibrant red shade.
"He makes me happy too. I couldn't imagine Everglade without him. Honestly. He's the best thing that ever happened to me and I can't tell you how boring it would be here without my amazing Newt by my side." I say.
Newt blushes.
"I love you so much. I really wish you were here last year too. It would have been way better with you here." Newt says.
"I love you too." I say.
Both of the girls aww at us as we look into each other's eyes.
Newt starts to lean forward slowly closing his eyes. I do the same and our lips eventually reach each other's and he pulls me into a passionate kiss. This one feeling just like our first. The feelings never really went away.
Each time he touches my skin the fireworks still explode and my stomach still errupts with butterflies.
I knew I was madly in love with him. And he was in love with me.