Travel

Many Dragons left to say goodbye to their families before either flying or walking and follow the huge lung dragon.

LightSky obviously went with his fans following behind. Some of didn't even look ready for this. There was no preparations, not even a second thought of giving them an hour to prepare.

"You should go!"

IceWing turns his head to his friend.

"Are you crazy!? I'm not gonna risk my life to become some warrior. I don't have what it takes." IceWing says.

"That's what Aplomb said before he became the ruler of the Grass Dragons. Those dragons may have strength and confidence but you have a pure heart of gold IceWing." Bouldertail says.

"You're fast and you're not afraid to talk back to some obnoxious Light dragon when they hurt a friend." He continues.

"You're my only friend." IceWing says.

"But you're the best. The kindest dragon I know."

IceWing smiles.

"I'll go, and if I die it's gonna be your fault." IceWing says.

"Try not to! I want to see you in the book of legendary dragons not the legendary book of bed warmers!" Bouldertail laughs.

He flew to the group of dragons high in the sky. He kept looking Bouldertail until he was only a spect. And then he was gone. He felt guilty leaving his friend. He wants to turn around but he knew that Bouldertail wouldn't be so happy. So he carries on alone, despite there being so many dragons, he doesn't know any of them. And they don't look friendly or his age either.
Once it became night some dragon's already left. They couldn't handle the icy cold air or they could barely fly anymore because they never flew this far.

But for him he loves the icy air. It reminds him back at home in the Ice Empire. He flew faster too so his wings never felt any better. 2 days past and many dragons leave back home. No one knows how much longer this journey will be. They soon connect with many other dragons lead by one of the other golden warriors.

They talk to each and nod their heads like a agreement. They finally stop near a river and a few mountains.

IceWing couldn't lie. He felt a bit awkward standing between two large drakes by the river. He could have easily been squish into a pancake if one of them thought it would be funny to on step him. So he quickly drinks water and grabs 3 fishes and leaves. He spots one dragon struggling to grab one. He can survive only eating two so he goes over to the dragon and places one of fishes beside them.

They turn. It's a Grass Dragon. Scales like clovers and a leafy tail. It's light green color was almost blinding. Is it was glowing? It has a tired expression and its face is wet. The only thing that may seem concerning is their horns. Sharp... especially for a grass dragon.

"Thank you sir! I've been here for an hour trying to grab one. I don't normally hunt for fish since I am the Grass Prince."

"Prince Cloverleaf!" IceWing says loudly.

"Please don't call me prince. Think of me as one of you. Just call me Cloverleaf."

The dragon grabs the fish and walks away but suddenly turning his head to IceWing.

"May I have your name?" He asks.

"I'm IceWing." IceWing replies.

"Then I hope I get to see you again IceWings."

Night came faster than expected. Instead of staying on one the mountains he decided to stay down low with the drakes and Lindwrums. The soft grass is more comfortable than the hard rocky soil. No stars were out that night but it is still beautiful seeing some of the Star dragons and Bat dragons circle above them gracefully.

Once he awoken he sees many of the dragons already leaving. He flys up to continue with them. He felt energetic and it was clear that others were too. Doing flips and other tricks like that. He would never have the confidence.

"IceWind!"

"Cloverleaf?"

"Get up here and join us!" Cloverleaf says.

He flew up to him.

"We want to get closer to one of the golden warriors! The rest has already left! So I thought it would be fun to have a quick race!"

"Wha-

"Three, two, one, Go!!"

Cloverleaf flew off like there was no tomorrow. IceWing wondered if he was even fast enough to reach him. But something in his heart wants him to try.

He races towards Cloverleaf being side by side by him.

"You're fast!" Cloverleaf says in awe.

It made IceWing more energetic. When did he ever get this excited!? He flew past Cloverleaf without a second thought.

The world seems to blur around him. He rose high up to the clouds and swoop down fast. It felt amazing.

"Hey kid!"

"Huh?"

He slowly turns.

He was right next to one of golden warriors. A Water Dragon. Scales that is like armor. It has dark blue color and little spots of white dots.

"I'm sorry sir I just got ahead of myself and-

"That was some fast flying kid. I've seen some adult electric dragons who couldn't even fly that fast like you can." The warrior says.

"Um... thanks?"

IceWing didn't expect that. He felt flattered but also a bit confused.

"Hey if you're able to survive the rest of the journey I would love to have race with you. But you should stay in back of us or you might get lost." He says.

IceWing nods and flys  back to the other dragons in the back. He couldn't believe that one of warriors ask such a thing like to race him.

"IceWing! You're okay!"

Cloverleaf flew to IceWing.

"I thought you got lost! I searched everywhere for you!" Cloverleaf says.

"I got to meet one of warriors though." IceWing says proudly.

"What!? No way!? What did he say!?" Cloverleaf asks excitedly.

In the span of a 3 day journey not only did he befriend the prince of the grass dragons but impress one of the warrior dragon. He still heads on, not being very alone anymore.