First Kiss and Pizza

"Okay this is so planned right now" I groan and fall back onto my bed. "Hey for once we didn't do anything" Kelley defends holding her hands up.I just got a text from Vlatko saying the Uswnt media team want Tori and I to do a video together.

Convenient I know

"Only the team, as far as I know, know what happened between you and Tori. None of the coaching staff know. So I say this is just bad timing" Kelley explains. I sigh and nod, she's probably right.

"But..." I look up and see Kelley sitting up and looking at me, "maybe it's a good thing. Maybe this video will get you two back into a good place". "Or she could hate me even more than before" I argue.

"Think. Positive. For. Fuck. Sake" Kelley grunts as she hits me with a pillow after each word. "Okay okay! Stop hitting me!" I whine as I try to stop her pillow from hitting me.

I was finally able to shove her off me and I start getting all my stuff ready to leave for the video. I grab my phone and just open the door only to almost run into Tori who had her hand held up in the air about to knock.

"Oh hey T" I nervously chuckle. "Hey, I was just coming to get you. We have to head down to the conference room now for the video" she laughs. "Uh yeah um, ready to go?" I stumble out the words. "Well I was coming to get you so yes I am" she teases.

"Uh right right. Let's go so" I mumble as I follow her to the elevator. As we step into the lift it's just silence which I can't stand, "Do you know what video we'll be doing?"

She shrugs typing something on her phone, "I'm not entirely sure. Last I heard it was either going to be a pick up line challenge or the girlfriend tag". I mentally groan as I gently hit my head against the wall.

Of course it is

Another minute or two the elevator dings and the doors open and we walk to the conference room. We walk in seeing at the media guys settings up all the cameras and equipment.

"Okay we're going to get you guys mic'ed up and then we can start" one of the guys tells us. We both nod and get our mics set up and then sit in the chairs next to each other. "Wait what challenge are we doing?" I ask sheepishly causing Tori to laugh at me. "The girlfriend tag" someone tells us.

"Let's get started so I can win" Tori jokes. I gasp and hold my hand to my chest in mock hurt, "What makes you think you'll win huh?" Tori rolls her eyes but there is a smile on her face, "We all know forget things easily. You would lose your head if it wasn't attached to you". "Yeah but I remember things when it comes to you" I say honestly. I can see Tori bite her lip and smile looking at the camera man, "Ready?"

The camera man nods and give us a thumbs up so I start off the intro, "Hey guys, it's me, Saucy Sonnett with the adorably being that is Tiny Tori". Tori instantly groans and throws her head back, "Whyyyy? I'm not that small". I raise an eyebrow at the small forward, "T your smaller than Kelley and that's small". Tori playfully pouts and crosses her arms.

"Awe don't worry your still adorable" I laugh as I kiss the top of her head causing her to blush, "also I think you secretly like our height difference". She smirks, "Maybe I do. We went way off topic there didn't we?" We both laugh realising we both went off on a complete tangent."Okay okay. Serious faces now we have to get this done" I say as I stop laughing and stare at the camera and Tori does the same.

Which completely fails as Tori bursts out laughing

This sets me off laughing at our inability to be anyway near serious outside a match. "Okay okay we're here to do the girlfriend tag and to see who knows the other better" Tori giggles. I point at her as I look at the camera. "Which we all know will be me" she grin cockily. "Hey!"

"Okay moving on. We'll pick questions from the bowl in front of us and we both have to answer and obviously the one with the most points at the end wins" Tori explains while rummaging around the bowl for a question. "Okay an easy one first, what's our birthday's?" "Well you were born on the 8th of January 1993" I answer. "And you were born 25th of November 1993" Tori smiles.

"Yep" I smile as I pick out another question, "how many tattoos do they have?" "Well you have 2 if I remember correctly" Tori guesses. And I nod, "why am I blanking on this right now? Two?" Tori crosses her arms in a cross and makes a buzzer sound, "Wrong! I have 3. I thought you would have gotten that now Em". "What one did I miss?" I ask. "Well I have the small rose on my right wrist with E.S on the stem. Which I got when I was with Utah which symbolises you" she shows turning her wrist to the camera to show the rose that takes up her forearm. "Because I was a Portland Thorn" I smile. "Correct and then I have #36 on my left wrist which is our numbers added together". I nod, "I knew that one too, what's your third one?" Tori pulls back her short sleeve on her right arm and flexes and on the inside of her bicep you could see a small design, "I have E.A.S inside a heart on my bicep to represent that you are my strength" .

My face adopts a soft smile at I look over her tattoos. "I only got the third one a little while ago so I'd say you just forgot that one" Tori shrugs as she turns back to the camera and points at me, "Also this one is like 90% of my impulse so that explains why most of my tattoos are about her and why I get dragged into dumb pranks". "Hey! Actually that's fair seeing as your 90 percent of my impulse control and the main reason I'm probably not in jail" I nod.

Tori throws her head back and laughs and I watch her with a smile as she clasps a hand in front of her mouth trying to cease her giggles, "That's very true". Tori picks out a piece of paper from the bowl, "When did we get together? Well we both remember this I can say for certain". I smile as I remember how we got together, "Yeah we got together in our first year of college at a party". "Yep we officially got together on the 1st of January at 1:36 in the morning" Tori finishes.

"And we had our first kiss on the 31st of December about a minute before the count down" I grin.

(Flashback)
"Emily calm down! Tori giggles as I stumble out the doors to the balcony. We were at a New Year's Party on campus and there was only a few minutes left to midnight.

And let's just say I had a few to drink

"But I wanna go back inside" I whine. She giggles at me as she sits up on the ledge, "Well it looks like you could use a break from all the drinking and I needed some air". I stagger over to her and hug her tightly, "Thank you for coming with me tonight. It's always more fun with you around". She hugs me back, "You know I would do anything for you Em". I pull back a tiny bit as I steady myself on the ledge either side of her, "Can I try something? But you have to promise not to hate me".

She giggles at my slur but nods, "I could never hate you Emily". I look into the light blue eyes I love so much and lean in and kiss her lips before I have a chance to lose the courage to do so. When she doesn't kiss back I'm about to pull away when I can feel her soft hands cup my cheeks and return the kiss.

I can vaguely hear people counting down in the background but neither of us cared by the looks of it as we just kept kissing. When we pulled away I look deep into her eyes, "Well that's one way to sober up".

That sends her into a fit of giggles as she tosses her head back in a laugh causing me to laugh as well. When we both stop laugh we look at each other.

"So....pizza?" She asks tilting her head at me. I grin and peck her lips one last time, "Yeah..pizza". And with that I dragged her out of the party and we went to our favourite pizza place.

(Present)
"And then after that we went and got pizza" I shrug with a smile. "Where we then confessed that we liked each other. And then when we got our pizza Sonnett asked me to be her girlfriend because she quote..."

"I can't wait any longer to not be able to call you mine" I finish. She smiles and nods before kissing my cheek. Maybe Kelley was right.

Maybe this will help us get back into a good place.