"Pound it"

"...Pound it..."

The two heroes were exhausted. Their pretty bad injuries were healed by Ladybug's miraculous cure, but the fight had gotten the best of them and getting up seemed like another challenge they had to endure.

"M'Lady, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just feel broken, that Akuma wasn't like the others, it was stronger and honestly, kind of scary. I've never seen or fought one like that. How about you kitty? Are you okay?"

"Just a bit shaken and exhausted, but for the rest I feel pawsome M'Lady."

Chat gave a quick smirk, Ladybug just rolled her eyes, but couldn't keep a tiny smile from her face.

"But you're right" Chat continued.
"There was something very off and scary about that Akuma. It was definitely more powerful and frightening. Yes, that was it's power, but still, I've never been this creeped out by an Akuma."

"I'm worried about the citizens of Paris, Chat. That Akuma really frightened quite some people, especially little kids. We'll have to stay aware and careful. There might be consequences to what that Akuma did."

"Don't worry M'Lady, I'll always keep you safe."

Chat gave Ladybug a comforting and reassuring smile, Ladybug returned it with a thankful one and nodded.

"I know Chaton, thank you."

They helped each other to get up, their muscles were sore and aching and both were exhausted, but they had to get going as their last beep of their Miraculous alarmed them.

"Bye kitty, be careful, call me when something's up!"

"Sure will Bugaboo, be safe!"

Both heroes took off in different directions, stumbling home, ready to crash into their beds and fall into a deep sleep.

Of course, that would be too good to be true....

~~•~~

'A few hours before the Akuma, Hawkmoth's layer'

"Aargh I just can't get my hands on their Miraculous. I wish luck would for once be with me!!"

Hawkmoth was annoyed and frustrated. It had been a year since his wife fell into a deep unnatural slumber.He'd do anything to get her out of it, which means also terrorising all of Paris and putting a lot of lives in danger.

"Sleep.... that's it! Sandboy, he once sprinkled Ladybug and she lost her powers! I need to scare that kid again. Time to find and create the most scary Akuma yet!"

Hawkmoth evilly laughed and spent the entire evening looking for the perfect target to create the most scariest Akuma yet. Around 2 am in the morning, he had found the perfect candidate and wow, frightening was the Akuma indeed. Hawkmoth was certain that this Akuma would do his job and after his defeat, around 5am, it was just a matter of time...

~~•~~

The bell of the school rang one last time, class was about to start, Marinette and Adrien both flew into the classroom in the last second, just in time for class. Both crashed into their seats and groaned. Alya and Nino gave each other a confused look. Then they both turned to their friends and tried to figure out what was going on. Both said they just had a bad night and had barely gotten any sleep, but Nino and Alya found it suspicious that both their friends were acting so strange, though when they both came up with a different story, they dropped it. At some point Adrien even fell asleep, and Marinette was just laying on her desk, dreaming off and staring.

At some point the teacher told them to go home since they couldn't pay any attention to class and were both pretty much just a distraction and disturbance in the classroom.

Adrien knew his dad wouldn't be happy, but at this point, he was just so exhausted. Last night's Akuma had taken the best of him, he was slung across Paris a few times and had crashed into buildings. He'd do anything to protect Ladybug.

Gorilla, his bodyguard had arrived, Adrien got in the limo and waved Marinette goodbye as she was being picked up by her mom as well.

~~•~~

Marinette knew that her parents wouldn't be mad. They were always very understanding, but they also got concerned very quickly. When they were about to walk home, she saw Adrien wave at her before his bodyguard drove off. Marinette let out a small giggle her mom couldn't hear and blushed.

At home, her mom tucked her in bed and placed a tray of pastries next to her bed. Marinette smiled and quickly dozed off, she was going to need the rest....

~~•~~

Adrien arrived at home, expecting a mad father, but Nathalie just guided him to his room with a cup of thee.

"Your father does not need to know about this Adrien, but this is a one time offer, I don't want this to happen again." She spoke firmly.

She showed him a tiny small before her face went serious again and closed the door behind her. Adrien sipped from his hot smoking tea while he looked at his Kwami, who was enjoying his piece of camembert a bit too much. Adrien smiled and quickly doze off, falling into a deep sleep.