Little kitty on the roof

Chat Blanc held his grip tightly around Ladybug's wrist as they quickly jumped over the roofs getting to the high building close to the now collapsed Eiffel Tower. As soon as they landed on the tall building, ladybug saw what Chat had done. The tower was down exactly how it was the other day she fought Chat Blanc. Her mind flashed back to that memory, when she got out with Bunnyx and saw what happened to Paris, her home. It was all gone and destroyed. The moment she saw Chat Noi- Blanc. He was... frightening.

"The way he had tried to rip off my earrings. It was weird how he was still Chat Noir, but also not. And it was hard because he was- is? my partner. But most of all, he was hurt, really hurt. But this time... He doesn't seem hurt like that anymore.doesn't talk the way he did, doesn't have a real reason for the miraculous now..., does he?" She looked over to Chat Blanc, who was staring at nothing. She wondered how and who he was now.

Ladybug started to sink deeper into her thoughts. "He was so scary , when I was looking for the akuma, the way he talked, the way he looked, how is eyes were dilated, but that's nothing compared to now. Now he just wants to... destroy."

She thought back of when she jumped down the tower and he jumped after, how shocked she was when he said her real name. The confusion, the fear. He knew, but she didn't understand how.

"Marinette."

How he explained that Hawkmoth found out, but worse, how their love caused this all. She couldn't help but feel guilty, because really, then it felt like it was all her fault.

"-inette."

"He became reckless, he shot his deadly cataclysm's at me, just to get my miraculous. How he screamed at me, the anger inside of him. He needed a wish, granted by merging our miraculous together. 'So he could fix everything, so they could be in love again. '" But she knew that that wasn't the right way, how it's supposed to go, so she wouldn't listen. It got him angry, he needed her to listen. "Maybe that's why he's still angry? Because I didn't listen? I was so focused finding his akuma and to de-evelise him, I never listened. So he just used cataclysm right in front of my feet, like it was nothing."

"Marinette."

"When I fell into the water and saw myself and Hawkmoth turned to stone. When I touched my face, it just crumbled and faded away." Shivers ran down Ladybug's spine.

"Marinette!"

"But when I came back up to the Eiffel Tower, that's when he really lost it. He didn't care anymore, but not like how he is now, now he's just cruel, back then he still cared. He was really hurt and he was about to cataclysm the entire universe to the end of times.... I couldn't let him do that, and even though he didn't see himself as Chat Noir anymore, I did. I brought him back, I saved him. I got to fix my mistake.  But this time, I don't know if I can fix it."

"Ladybug."

She didn't know what had happened in the other timeline, but she knew he was hurt. "Was he still like that? Was he still hurt like last time? It doesn't look like it. This time he seems more... cruel. Like he has really lost it, lost it all. But how could he? I've saved him, he knows that, he confessed earlier he does, so why is he this cruel? Has she done something else? Does he need something else? Was she not caring enough?"

"-inette.... MY LADY!"

Ladybug snapped out of her thoughts, she jumped and squeaked, tumbling backwards. She fell down and looked up at Chat Blanc, then took in her surroundings and saw the glass roof where Chat Blanc had sit when she first stepped into that other timeline.

The white cat  looked at her with no emotions, his face was just blank. Then he stretched out his arm and offered her a hand to get back up, his gaze, his very cold ice blue eyes, did not break contact with her beautiful bluebell eyes.