Late Nights at the Store

Exy, Seola, Bona, Eunseo, and Chengxiao take a trip to the store to get a few... things?

...

The hush within the store's aisles floated seamlessly from the back of the building to the cashier who's just chillin' with a book and playing some throwback songs on the speakers. Holding the luminous choir of stars is the deep black of the night and the howling winds were oddly quiet.

Being that it was also 2:30 a.m, the activity on the streets was also on the down low.

Going back to the large convenient store, the cashier could only assume that it was going to be a super long shift - he still had another 5 hours left until his coworker takes over. He's barely gotten 3 customers an hour and most of them would just buy snacks and drinks. A fun thing he liked to do while he had a customer was actually create a narrative for them based on how they act, carry themselves, and what they buy.

He was at peace though - he didn't really mind the store's deadness.

But that's when he spoke too soon.

Yelling and laughter could be heard faintly through the reflective barrier that separated the store to the outside and he only hoped that the group of girls weren't going to come in. He felt that girls - or people in general - that are out at 2:30 in the morning were usually trouble.

Based on experience... don't ask.

But alas, the sliding doors opened.

When the cashier looked up to greet the girls, he was star-struck with their appearances. Even though they were all just in their pyjamas, messy hair-does, and bare faces, they were radiant.

So beautiful.

Almost angelic.

And it didn't help that when they came in, they immediately looked at him and greeted him a small hello. The guy behind the counter was dumbfounded because not a lot of people even acknowledge him during hours like this.

"Yooo, I'm starving. Exy, can I get something to eat right now?"

"I mean, if you want? Bona, can you just make sure Eunseo doesn't spend a lot of our money? Oh! And get me something too."

"Yeah, yeah."

Exy turned to her other friend, "Seola, do you have the list?"

"Shit, I actually forgot it - I'll just text Dayoung to send me a picture."

The weirdly energetic girls split up into different sections of the store. There were only five of them - three who went to check out the sandwiches and kimbap, while the other two got baskets and went around gathering things.

We'll call our cashier John since he doesn't wear a name tag - John knows the two getting the supplies were named Exy and Seola. They wore red sleepwear, with Exy sporting a maroon matching set while the other wore classic pjs with cute kittens all over. Those two seemed to be the more "responsible" ones of the group.

The three who were bickering over what snacks to get were Eunseo, strutting with a yellow long sleeve and navy track pants, and Bona, flashing some next silky pink matching set. The thing is, he didn't exactly get the name of the third girl. A red, oversized hoodie engulfed the girl in black sweats, but her space buns definitely completed the look; whereas the bickering "couple" were in messy buns.

"Can we also get the classic kimbap? Ouuu how about the cheese one?" Eunseo flashes the biggest and cutest eyes to Bona.

"I dunno, we should really limit our snacks to $5... Exy will probably get mad."