00. - PROLOGUE

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
zéro. — the bad beginning!

Letha Gilbert had always been a happy girl

She lived her life with a hopeful optimism and paint staining her fingertips. She was messy, and kind, even after the death of her parents she didn't allow herself to wallow and fall behind in life. She enjoyed walking to school so she could just take in the fresh air a little longer, she enjoyed the way her Aunt Jenna would rush around like a teenager, she even enjoyed some aspects of school (not the whole thing however — she wasn't a psycho!)

Letha didn't allow her parents death to change her, if anything it just made her appreciative of the life she had and the family she had left. Of course she mourned and grieved the wonderful lives of Miranda and Grayson Gilbert, but she thought it she could stay strong then hopefully her siblings could to.

However, that all seemed to go downhill the minute the Salvatore brothers moved to town. Suddenly her sister and friends started distancing themselves from her, then her brother Jeremy. Eventually had she started noticing gaps in her memory that couldn't be explained, sending her into a downwards spiral of madness.

She felt like she was losing her mind.

Tally marks started appearing on her arms, and little notes scrunched up deep in her pockets, odd messages like 'don't trust anyone' 'don't look in eyes' 'vervain' and most commonly 'remember' written in her handwriting, yet she couldn't remember ever writing them.

The messages made no sense at first but the pieces started to fit together. She'd suddenly be in her room without knowing how she'd gotten there. Letha had the idea planted in her mind that she had most certainly been at the library, but when she charmed her way into looking through the security footage — she was nowhere to be seen.

But instead of kicking up a fuss, she put on a false happy facade and bided her time. She knew she really couldn't trust anyone when Jeremy lied to her about it, without an ounce of regret or hesitation. So, she started stashing her money and packing essentials in secret.

Elena had been lying to them all since she met Stefan Salvatore, herself and Jeremy had been on the same page about how shady everything was in town, until one day when he suddenly started keeping secrets too. Hanging around the Salvatore's and lying to her about it. He had always been so close to her, if she couldn't trust her other him then who could she trust?

Letha didn't feel safe in that town anymore.

AUTHORS NOTE!
Just the prologue for now! But just wanted to ask you guys what you thought about the general premise of the story!

More to come soon lovelies.

Unedited
-summer