26. - ITALY

( outfit for
chapter above )

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
vingt-six. — ocean views!

Letha huffed with her arms crossed over her chest as she stared at the beautiful Italian views from the balcony of their hotel with a scowl, "Come on, love

Letha huffed with her arms crossed over her chest as she stared at the beautiful Italian views from the balcony of their hotel with a scowl, "Come on, love. How long can you stay mad at me?"

"You daggered Rebekah, again!" She pointed about accusatory finger at him, "And didn't tell me until we were already on the plane."

"Would you have come if I told you?" She shook her head stubbornly looking into the distance, "I didn't want to do what I did to Rebekah, but she's a liability. Nobody wants the cure more than her, she would have allowed her emotions to get the better of her and told half the town by now. And the more who find out about the cure, the more who will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less."

Letha growled under her breath and mumbled out a few insults before shoving her phone into his hands, "Fine, you can explain to a very angry Alyssa where her girlfriend has gone."

Klaus winced as the door to their hotel room slammed shut and as Alyssa's screeching voice began blaring angrily through the phone as he hesitantly answered it.

And he had thought this trip might be romantic.

—————

Letha sighed as she laid back in the sand. Her stubbornness of not wanting to go back to the hotel and see Nik's face knowing she'd immediately forgive him had lead her to a beach not too far from the hotel. She grunted out loud feeling the suns rays burning her fair skin, she really wished she'd bought some sun cream with her.

She let the gentle lapping of the waves to soothe her mind and sync with her slowed heartbeat. Her thoughts drifted to how Nik had trusted her with the information of the cure, and even brought her with him to find the sword. Yet had lied to her about Rebekah, he was a confusing enigma and thinking about it too much honestly gave her a headache.

"It's rather beautiful here."

Letha peeked one eye open with a pout as she noticed Klaus now sat next to her, gazing at the ocean, "What are you doing here?"

"I figured you might need this." She sat up and let her lips twitch into a minuscule smile for a second as she took the sun cream from him, "I know how burnt your nose gets."

Letha giggled, remembering when they trekked through the Smokey Mountains and how burnt her nose had gotten, "You know that feels like a lifetime ago now."

"A lot has changed since then."

Letha watched him stare at the ocean with a gaze that was all too familiar — he was remembering that view for later so he could replicate it on a canvas — only he always felt that he could never get it quite right from memory and he would probably walk down to the beach at four in the morning so he could paint the sunrise as it happened, "Yeah, a lot has changed. Hasn't it?"