1 - Are You Alive?

The solitude of the streets came to an abrupt end as a motorcycle zoomed through, its rider seemingly desperate to make the world aware of his presence. However, the world didn't take notice other than a passing alley cat that hissed at him the moment he took off his helmet and threw it some feet away. He hissed right back and it shrieked, exiting so quickly he couldn't help but chuckle to himself.

"Jesus, Jason. Frightening cats, now? That's low, even for you. I mean, it's a whole new definition of low." He clicked his tongue and frowned to himself as he stole into his old high school. He didn't know what he was doing there, really. At times like these, when he was angry, he did things with no rhyme or reason and after seeing the Titans at Donna's body's departure to Themyscira, he found himself feeling enraged with the world and himself because he didn't even know the woman but she knew him as nothing more than the devil he had been framed to seem like. He walked down the pitch-black hallway, letting his feet lead him until he found himself in the school theatre. He hurriedly put the lights on, hesitantly walking to the middle of the stage before he realised suddenly that he was alone and no one would see him making a fool of himself.

"Well, unseen members of the jury, I charge thee to observe me thus; for I am nothing more than a bobolyne, a cumberground, a scurvy knave, a stewed prune, a lump of foul deformity and a sodden-witted canker-blossom! Bet you can't say that three times fast," he said, winking at some invisible lady in the audience, the colour already returning to his cheeks and a smile pulling at his lips. The invisible lady suddenly seemed to look more and more visible until he saw Rose in her place and he shut his eyes, wishing he had not seen her at all. He climbed the stairs that led to his old home, his smile bittersweet as he looked around.

"Hello again, old home. Nice to be here. At least, when I lived here, I got to live a somewhat drama-free life and watch the real thespians do their thing on stage. Things have gotten harder now, old friend but I've been through worse. I'm just kind of... going through the motions, not sure where I'm going... lost. I'm lost and alone but I'm here, now. I don't feel as cold and empty as I did before I came here. I probably would've punched some rando civilian in the face if I hadn't come here so that lucky bastard gets to wake up when it's light out without a black eye."

He ran his fingers over the rafters above himself fondly, walking forward but he paused mid-step when he heard heavy breathing coming from what looked like the shapeless mass of a grey blanket. He rose an eyebrow, running a hand through his hair and cracked his knuckles, prepared to beat the shit out of whoever was hiding under there, probably laughing at his antics.

He felt his rage build and marched over, pulling the blanket off. It definitely wasn't just a shapeless blanket. Under the thin material was a girl who didn't seem like much of a threat at all. She wore a wine red hoodie with a black beanie, her eyes shut and twitching as she felt the loss of heat. His gaze moved across her pale skin, the teenager stopping his eye-raping when she whimpered in her sleep. His fists had deflated by then as he watched her, Jason throwing the blanket on clumsily when she whimpered again. Damn, the sound of her doing that is not for the faint of heart and right now, my heart feels pretty fucking faint. C'mon, Jason, don't get involved, just leave her be and get out of here.

He took a step back but he noticed he hadn't covered her properly and stopped. It wasn't exactly his job to do it but it didn't feel right leaving a girl who had done literally nothing to him only partly covered. She clearly loved the cloth she was under and he convinced himself that he was only covering her properly because he didn't want her to suspect foul play in the morning though he couldn't deny she reminded him of his younger self, only she was older than he was, then and she somehow managed to look proper instead of rocking the 'I'm homeless and don't give a damn' style like he had.