4 - Home Sweet Home

"So... What do you think?" Emily had said nothing the whole way there. She had gripped his stomach as hard as possible, leading to a very interesting feel of his toned chest but even as they reached his little loft, she was yet to speak to him. It was strange to him and he knew she had to be really angry because she liked talking a lot. She gazed up at the house, her expression unreadable and Jason felt somewhat nervous with her intense scrutiny. "C'mon, let's go in. Home sweet home right there."

He linked his fingers with hers and pulled her inside, letting go when it got a little too cold for his hand. He swore under his breath when their eyes met and she looked away. He tried to take her hand again but she shook her head and slipped it into her hoodie pockets, slowly turning around three-sixty degrees so she could take in everything. He walked into the kitchen and walked out, moving over to her.

"Uh... D'you want anything? I know this is cliché but hey, mi casa e su casa, huh, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows and Emily couldn't help but laugh, covering her mouth to muffle the sound. He pulled her hand away from her face and twirled her, glad to hear the adorable laugh at its full-strength. She was already a bit used to Jason's spontaneity so she did a little twirl like he wanted, giggling as he pulled her into his chest.

"You're kind of crazy, Jason Peter Todd. Has anyone ever told you that?" He gazed at her and she felt her breath catch in her throat, pursing her lips when she noticed he hadn't let go of her, either. "Jay, what are you doing?"

"Huh? Sorry, sorry!" He let her go and placed his hands on his hips, hanging his head. "I don't care that you called me crazy, that's the first thing you've said something to me since we left the school. I kinda missed hearing that voice, Emily."

"Okay... I think we've had enough candid conversation. I love it, I do but when you start complimenting me like that, it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable." Jason folded his arms, letting out a slight chuckle and he eagerly told her the reason for his smug expression.

"Is that so? You say 'uncomfortable' but I think it's a little bit deeper than that."

"Is that so?" She mirrored his stance.

"Yep. I think you're nervous because of me. Tell me, Emilia without the 'a'... Do I make you... nervous?" He asked, leaning closer to her. Emily quickly went from cool and collected to hyperventilating. When he winked, however, it pushed her off the edge and she ran to the first room she could find, stumbling a few times along the way. She shut the door and pressed her back against it, digging into her lower lip softly with her teeth.

Jason just watched her go, amused by her reaction but at the same time, he heard her squeak the times she nearly tripped and it worried him. He sucked in a breath, deciding that he would approach her, once again, concerning her iciness. He wasn't prepared to watch her get even sicker than she already was, even if she didn't want to talk about it.

Whatever it was, all she had to do was tell him and he would help her. Why was it that she could share her past with him, yet, something was affecting her right then and there and she continually shrugged it off like it was nothing? He was frustrated but he decided to at least make them both some dinner so she was in a good mood with a full belly when he spoke to her. When he went to find her, he found all the rooms empty except his and he flinched slightly while approaching it. He had been having trouble sleeping because no matter the room he stayed in to lay his head, Rose was there. He could physically see her standing centimetres away from him, whispering in his ear, I bet you miss me.

And miss her, he did. Leaning his head on the door, he let out a soft groan and rose his knuckles to rap against the door. It opened before he could, however, and Emily quickly placed her hands on his cheeks, catching him by surprise. "I heard you groan. Are you okay, Jay? C'mon, talk to me. If you need anything, I'm-"