Clinton Bart

Part 2 of Agent Barton

I hadn't seen or talked to Clint since my blow up at him. It's been a week and I've been avoiding him nonstop. Every time I see him in a room, I pass by as if I was never supposed to go there. I guess he doesn't care mich, because he hasn't come to see what's wrong.

He's probably too busy following Nat around to notice.

Now that he isn't flirting with me, he's become somewhat of a dick and keeps trying to prove he's better than me. At first I thought this was a joke until it didn't end.

For instance, on a mission with us two and Thor, every time I'd come up with a quick and easy plan, he'd oppose it and then brag about how his plans work and mine don't. Or when I tried to pitch an idea about the mission to Fury, he talked over me and made me seem stupid in front of everyone.

It's like he won't stop trying outshine me.

But enough is enough. I'll be damned if I let Clint Barton think that he can walk all over me. I'll show exactly who can outshine who.

~

"How did this happen, Stark?" Fury asked, anger evident in his tone.

"Why are you asking me?" I side eyed Clint. "It was him that ruined the mission!"

"You didn't follow my instructions!" He yelled, the nurse next to him trying to calm him down while handling his bandages.

Basically, what happened is that Clint messed up the mission for the both of. Fury instructed us to take down some idiots that were holding a bunch of innocent people hostage in exchange for some cash. A bust that we've done a million times before.

The problem was that they were loaded with guns and that just the smallest misstep in the building could've led to Clint and I'd death. Honestly it almost led to that, if it weren't for Cap being in the goddamn neighborhood and hearing the commotion.

Long story short, we both got shot and were down until Captain Pledge of Allegiance saved the day.

"Your instructions were to just go in and attack!" I argued. "We need to be more careful than that, idiot!"

"Those guys were not gonna listen to reason! We needed to be the first to hit or they'd shoot us down!"

"They did shoot you down!" Nick intervened. "I gave you a specific set of instructions and both of you willingly disobeyed me! You're done for the next few missions!"

"What?!" We yelled in unison.

Fury walked out of the room without another word. I glared at Clint, wondering how he could be so stupid. It's like his sole purpose in life is to annoy me. Why did I ever like him?

"What the fuck is your problem?" He looked taken aback by the fact that I was cursing. I usually never cursed at anyone unless they pissed me off majorly which he's actually managed to do.

"You!" He yelled and stood. He's lucky the table is separating us or else I would've lunged at his face for screaming at me.

"I did nothing to you!" I yelled back, standing myself.

"Go to hell!"

He left the room, his nurse following after him. She wasn't even done bandaging him before he decided to just leave without it. God, the pride on that prick. No wonder Natasha wants nothing to do with him.

~

Back at the compound, I went straight to my room without another word to anyone. Usually I come with a snarky comment to Tony, and a hug to Bruce and Thor. Cap too, but he wasn't here for obvious reasons.