Chapter Two- The Strange Man

I woke up very early the next morning. I looked at my alarm clock.

Monday, July 2nd, 2012, 7:30 AM.

I rolled out of bed and quickly changed. I put on a plaid black and red shirt, blue jeans with holes in the knee, and high-top Vans.  I brushed my hair and teeth, and straightened my hair. By the time I was finished, it was 8:00 AM. 

I went downstairs to see father in the kitchen on the phone, our butler, Nathan Wise, cooking breakfast, and Aunt Lina sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. 

Aunt Lina looked up at me. "Good morning Clara."

"Morning." 

I walked to the kitchen and sat at the island. 

"Good morning Miss Clara. I have prepared your favorite. Blueberry muffins."

"Thank you Nathan." I smiled.

Father looked at me.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Wise"

Father got off the phone, and Jackson came downstairs. Jackson is the oldest. He was 5'7, had dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes as well. He had freckles across his nose, just like me. He had a straight smile, and long wavy hair. He looked a lot like mother, while I, my father. Jackson wore black sweatpants, and a white T-shirt. 

"Morning." He yawned and stretched. 

Everyone replied back, and Nathan gave him a blueberry muffin as well. After we both finished eating, Aunt Lina started her car and came back in.

"Are you ready Dylan?" She put on her sunglasses. 

"Yeah. Clara. Jackson. Be good. I'll see you soon. I love you both." He gave us a giant hug, and kissed us both on the forehead. He had a nice business suit on, and had his black hair slicked to the side. He turned around and walked out the door. He turned his head, waved at us, and gone he went. 

Aunt Lina wouldn't return until later that evening, Jackson would be picked up by one of the football members for practice at noon,and Nathan had to go to the grocery store today. I didn't have any plans, so i decided to go back to my room. I sat on my bean bag chair, and curled under a blanket. My body was cold, but my hands were burning hot. 

Am I getting sick?

I looked at the corner in front of me. I thought i saw something. I must have thought i saw something. I grabbed a book and started reading. 

A few minutes later, I felt a cold breeze across me, the same cold breeze you feel when someone is walking by you. I looked up, but saw nothing. 

"Jackson. Is that you? Come on. Stop playing."

Nothing. No response. Am i going crazy?

I started reading again, I felt something staring at me, so i looked up. 

I was right. Something WAS staring at me.

It was like a cute creepy monster. It didn't look harmful. It had two legs, and four arms. It had 3 horns on top of it's head, and it had yellow fur. 

Wait a minute. 

I turned my book to the front cover, and held it up. Comparing the two creatures. They were exactly the same.

"AHH!" I screamed. 

I looked down, trying to calm myself down. But when i looked back up, the monster was gone. 

"i'm going to go to the park. Some fresh air wouldn't hurt, right? Maybe I've just been coped up inside for too long."

The park was half a mile from our house. It was a big park, filled with jungle-gyms, basketball courts, volleyball court, and a tennis court. It had a play area for babies and toddles as well. Behind the park were woods. 

The air had a nice breeze to it, as if Fall was right around the corner. You could smell the grills from the park too. 

As soon as I got to the park, the strange man was there too. As if, he was waiting for me. He wore jeans and a blue polo shirt, with tennis shoes. He stared at me, and motioned for me to come to him. 

What does he want? First mother's funeral, and now the park? Is he going everywhere I go? 

I walked up to him, and sat down on the bench.

"Nice day today ma'am." He looked ahead and smiled. 

I nodded and stayed silent. I looked around the park, no one was around. Just me and him...

"I'm not a fan of small talk miss, so i'm going to jump straight into it." His eyes were burning my soul. 

"O-Okay?" I managed to squeak out. What does he want with me? 

He looked at his phone, it was ringing. After a few minuted have gone by, he hung up, and turned to me. "I must go miss. You'll see me again soon, until then, farewell." 

He got up and walked until thin air.