Chapter Four- Police Station

"Are we under arrest?" Grace asked, her voice cracked, her body shaking, and tears were forming. I could tell she was going through everything she has done to see why she would be arrested.

"No ma'am. I just need to bring you girls to the police station." He chuckled.

I put my hand on Grace's shoulder and we both got into the car. The man was talking to us, telling us who he was, about his family, his career, etc.

"Mr. Yat, how long will we be down there?"

"About 30 minutes, Miss. Russo."

The rest of the car ride was silence. No one spoke, and it seemed like time froze. We arrived at the station. A giant white building stood in front of us. A section of it was glass. It was really fancy. Two guards stood outside the front door. Mr. Yat showed them his ID and we went inside. So many people were running around. Stairs and elevators were filled. I saw Aunt Lina in the elevator.

So this is where she works.

We followed Mr. Yat to his office. He had a normal office, like one you would see at a bank. He sat down and typed on his computer. He grabbed an old telephone and dialed a number.

"They're here." He glared at us, and looked back at the telephone.

"Yes sir." He hung up and escorted us to a room. It looked like a room in those movies were they interrogate the suspects. Grace sat down and Mr. Yat escorted me to a different room. It was similar to the one Grace is in.

A tall man walks into the room. He looked very similar to the one I saw at mother's funeral.
He sat down in the chair across from me. He held a file under his hands. He wore a red shirt with a black tie. His dreads were in a bun again.
This is the same man.
"Here. We didn't get a chance to talk much at the park. Now we have plenty of time,"He slides the file to me. It was thick and messy. Papers stuck out of it, some were crumbled and torn. "I know it's a bit worn but it had a rough time on the trip coming up here."
I look at the file again. My full name was written in gold letters across the file. According to legend, those outside your family that knows your full name, has instant power over you. I look up at the man and gulped. He smiled and looked down at his watch.
I opened the file and ran my hand across the paper stack. At least 50 pages were in the file. I flipped through the file and found pictures of me as a little kid, a baby. I saw pictures of a unfamiliar dark man. I couldn't make out his face or who he was, but that was not my father. Or any man that I knew.
"I want you to read over the file. Read it multiple times. Once your finished, you'll know where to find me. I'm sure you have a lot of questions, so we'll meet up and talk then. Goodbye Clara."
He stood up and dark smoke appeared. A second later, he was gone.