Chapter Three- Start Of School

Not all things last, and with that, summer sadly ends. Temperatures changed, more windy days, leaves changed colors and fell to the ground. One of the best holidays is in fall, but sadly school starts up again. 

And with school comes work, annoying classmates, and long days of teachers repeating everything because someone doesn't know how to keep quiet for a few minutes while the teacher explains. School starting back up also means that Jackson has football games every Friday night. 

I'm not a big sports person, never have been though. Jackson is the typical high school jock that everyone knows pretty well. Always makes a fool out of himself, popular, and flirts with every girl he sees. I honestly don't know how I ended up with a retarded brother like him.  I'm more of the shadow kid, the one no one notices or even cares about. The smart kid in your class that never speaks and you never even notice if they are absent. Some think this social life is sad, but it's great. I mean, no one ever expects the quiet kid to eavesdrop. 

I wake up to my alarm clock beeping loudly. I turn over and hit my clock repeatedly. When it didn't stop beeping, I reached over to the outlet and pulled the plug. 

"Ah ha." I smiled. 

I look over to the doorway and see Jackson leaning against the frame. He chuckled and shaked his head.

"I'm going to head out. We still have an hour before school starts, but I'm going to meet up with the boys. Love you."

He leaves and you can hear his footsteps down the stairs. I quickly got up and headed to my bathroom. I took a shower, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I went to my closet, gathered my school uniform, and threw the towel in the laundry basket. I quickly got dressed and walked down the stairs. 

Aunt Lina was wearing a long red dress. Nathan was sweeping the living room floor. 

"Miss. Clara. Your food is on the island." Nathan smiled and continued to sweep. 

"Thank you Nathan." I walked over to the island and started eating. I looked up and saw Aunt Lina digging in the fridge. She pulled out a slice of cheesecake and sat next to me. 

"You need to learn manners young lady." She said as she stuffed her face. For someone as rich and pretty as her, she was a very big hypocrite. She was mean, and only cared about what others thought about her and her family. And her reputation. Aunt Lina was a highly respected woman, but if you lived with her, or even knew her closely you would see all her flaws, as if she doesn't even bother to hide them. 

"So do you." I muttered to myself. Half smiling. She glared at me and made a "Hmp" noise. As I finished my breakfast, Nathan came in to clean my spot. 

"I can handle it Nathan." I smiled at him. 

"Are you sure Miss?" He seemed worried; he knew how father felt about this. 

"Of course. Thank you for the delicious eggs."

"You're very welcome."

He walked over to Aunt Lina and she muttered something at him. It didn't grab my attention so I went and grabbed my bag and started to walk to school. 

Grace was waiting for me at the end of the drive way. Grace has been my best friend since we were little. We were born a week apart, and if you didn't know us, you'd assume we were twins. We looked really similar, except she was taller, she had short black hair and brown eyes. She didn't wear glasses though. 

She gave me a huge hug. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too! How was your summer vacation?"

"It was great. Aglington was very beautiful. I heard about Mrs. Russo. I am deeply sorry about your lost, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral." 

"It's okay." I smiled and we started walking to school. She told me about Aglington, from the pretty city lights, to the forest and waterfalls, to the festivals and the amazing sights. She pulled out her phone and showed me pictures. 

She stopped talking when we heard police sirens heading our way. We stopped and stood out of the way. The police car sped past us, made a U-turn and slowly followed us. The car stopped and the window was rolled down. 

"Miss. Russo. Miss. Watson."The police man looked at both of us as he sipped his coffee. "Get into the car."