Part 7: Detention

The whole school gasped again. Lila stood triumphantly onstage as Marinette clenched her fist. Adrien's face went from surprised to serious in a moment, and Alya, Nino, and Chloe all silently moaned. Alya and Nino, who once liked Lila had found out what kind of person she really was after they saw her choose to get akumatized. They knew she was a liar.

"Heck, that sure shut everyone up!" she laughed. She spun around cane in hand then stopped to point it at Alya. "You! Yeah you, Alya. Get on stage!" Lila grinned.

Alya looked at the friends worried. 

Lila twirled her finger, then Felix swooped down, grabbing Alya and throwing her onstage next to Lila. Alya stood confused, then glared at Lila. 

"Oh wow. I dearly loved my classmates." Lila said sarcastically walking toward Alya twirling her stick. Alya flinched as Lila put one arm around Alya's shoulders. "So much that I needed to become a villain for them to notice me." Lila frowned, then smirked again. "But at least this is more fun. Now I can own the school by being Hawkmoth's best ally. And teach a few dense idiots a lesson..." She looked at Alya menacingly.

SLAP! 

Alya slapped her across the face! Lila held her cheek and gasped. The whole school looked shocked. Lila clenched her fist up.

"You dared...!?" 

Nino jumped up and stood his ground between Alya and Lila. He gave Lila a glare that made her step back.

"I dare you to touch Alya one more time. I will destroy you." Nino said in pure seriousness. Mari almost ran up to join him but knew it wasn't safe. Drawing attention to yourself isn't a good idea. 

Lila laughed, and two Apprentices swooped down and picked up Alya and Nino offstage. Lila flicked her hair. 

"First new rule of Pappion High!" She smiled. "All those who step outta my thin line get detention. My detention." Lila clicked her fingers and the Apprentices began carrying them away. Adrien leaped onstage. 

"Let them go!" he yelled at Lila who just patted Adrien of the head. 
"Oh, hello Adrien. Another hero it seems?" Lila smirked touching his cheek. Adrien pushed her hand off his face and glared at her. Lila grimaced. "To think, I liked you! Ugh, I am so out of your league goody two shoes." She shoved him backward, and another Apprentice swooped down and picked up Adrien and held him in the air next to Alya and Nino. 

Alya struggled to pull the Apprentice's hands off her, but she wasn't strong enough un-transformed. Alya saw Mari's scared shining eyes, and Alya shook her head at Marinette. 
Not wanting her to be in danger too.

Lila saw them staring at each other and laughed. 
"I see you two. Marinette, the only one who saw through my lies. Oh, that was a simpler time." Lila paused sighing, then looked right at Mari, pointing her staff at her. "But this is a better time. Fellow Apprentices, take the bluenette too. To detention with you all!!" 

SOON...

Marinette, Alya, Nino, and Adrien all were put into a classroom with purple bars at every window. There were bunk beds, a couple desks, and a bathroom on either side. There was a line of bars right across the room separating girls and boys, with a curtain you could pull across it. Alya and Mari sat down at the desks and hugged. Adrien paced around the room thinking, and Nino tugged on the bars wanting to hug Alya too.

"Don't worry guys." Alya half smiled. "Detention is only 24...hours." She frowned. Mari saw Adrien focusing, and she blushed. Nino reached through the bars moaning. 
"Alyaaaaa...she was so awful to you!" he scowled. 

Marinette chuckled. 
"That slap though..ooh that felt good to watch!"
The girls high-fived.

Adrien stopped pacing and sat down on the bottom bunk of his bed. He sighed and put his chin in his hands. 

"I can't believe her. Lila becoming one of the 'inner circle' or whatever. How could she." 
"Honestly dude, I don't see her much different from before." Nino shrugged. 

Mari thought. How could they escape? The longer they stayed, the more likely she was to get suspected. There was a knock at the door. 

Everyone turned, so see the door open, but the bars covering it stayed. An Apprentice with pale blond hair with a blue streak stood behind it. 
"Hey, kids. Just letting you know, we're doing a full school sweep. Looking for possible Ladybugs and whatnot. So an inspector will come and check you guys soon. See ya steppin' outta line losers." She flew off, leaving another Apprentice to guard the door. 

Mari looked at the ground.

Not again...