Part 9: Tricks

Alya gasped and stared at Ladybug. She reached for her phone as a reflex but obviously stopped herself. She almost fell over, seeing her hero in front of her...being her best friend?

Ladybug covered her face and sniffed. 
"I've wanted to tell you for so long. I'm sorry, I'm such a terrible friend-" she rambled, but Alya hugged her again. 
"It's been you! All this time, girl. Of course it was. Who else is brave enough?" Alya laughed. 

Ladybug hugged her tight. 
"I'm so glad you aren't angry..."
"Girl, when do I get mad at you?"
"Often."
"Hah! Well, I understand why you couldn't tell me. And now I'm glad to know. Now I can really protect you." 

Ladybug let go of the embrace and looked at Alya puzzled. 
"Protect me? Why would you need to know I'm Ladybug to protect me?"

Alya awkwardly looked at her feet. 
"Well, you aren't the only one who lied..." Alya chuckled nervously. Ladybug looked confused. 

"What do you me-"

"TRIXX, LET'S POUNCE!" 

Ladybug gaped at Rena Rouge. She pointed at her and stared mouth wide open. Ladybug pulled her into another hug. 

"I...oh my gosh." Ladybug muttered excitedly. 

"Well? What do you think?" Rena said nervously. 

"I'm so happy it's you. But also...we are really stupid. How did we not notice each other all this time?" Ladybug said.

They sat down and talked. About times they almost found out each other's identities, times they won, and it was great to get some things off their chest. 

Then Rena remembered. 

"Oh no! I almost forgot, the inspector is coming really soon! He might suspect you!" 
"I think I have a plan." Ladybug said.

On the other side of the curtain, Adrien and Nino sat quietly. 

"What do you think they're talking about?" Adrien asked. Nino shrugged. 

"I really want to pull back the curtain and find out...but I can't." Nino sighed.

Adrien nodded. 
"I hope everything's okay." 

~OVER THE CURTAIN~

"You understand the plan?" Ladybug smiled. Rena Rouge nodded.

"Let's go." 

~

Ladybug leapt, sprinting across rooftops. Swinging on chimneys and leaping building to building. Civilians gazed up gasping, seeing their hero exposed. Her hair shone under the purple sky, and she held a determined face as she fled across Paris.

A swarm of Apprentices excitedly chased after her in the air, the flock growing until all 100 of them were flying. Lila remained in the school standing on the roof watching the chase. She squinted at Ladybug and then noticed something. Lila gasped but...

It was too late. All of the Apprentices in the whole city were chasing her. Their master Hawkmoth stood on butterflies in the air watching the pursue, high in the sky. His fortress hovering right behind him.

Then the Apprentices closed in, Ladybug tripped and fell into a crosswalk. She was surrounded. 

"HAH! NOW MY SERVANTS! SEIZE THE GIRL!" Hawkmoth yelled. 

Felix, who lead this swarm landed beside Ladybug. He reached for the heroine...but the moment he grabbed her arm...

...she vanished.